VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get some on my van running on 20" and have read a few people saying they dont go low enough? I think max drop on them is 75mm so will that be better than 60mm springs? How easy are they to fit? Also do i need to ofset wheels?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Ive got prosports on one of me vans ,
you could get a 170mm drop on them if you wanted ,
im well happy with standard drop ,T:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, is that the £280 quid ones? and without the funny mod thing to drop them lower than the axel? Is it something anyone can fit or do i really need a garage to do it?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
If you are ok with the spanners and have axle stands and a trolley jack (2 is even better) and also a selection of large sockets/spanners including a 32mm to remove the driveshaft nut then its pretty straight forward.

Have a read of this guide, 3rd post down. You can just remove the bottom ball joint if you have spline bits, otherwise you will need to split it as in the guide. And it is as easy as it sounds.

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=109793&highlight=changing+shocks

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
mine was only 240 from coilovers direct .T:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Got the very same coilovers fitted on my van. the back is lower than the front at moment (haven't had chance to get under and adjust). the back is down by about 60mm and the front has at least another 35mm adjustment. 18" wheels.

Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts