VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
decided that tesco tarmac camping is the way forward in this miserably wet summer we are having (again). Stayed out of town on a works night out last night and all the guys and gals had B&B's hotels etc at 40 & 50 quid. Tipped it down all night but Tesco carpark was clean with no mud. open 24hrs. clean tiolets, fresh food and best of all its free. slept like a log. Does that make me an official pikey. Anyway i reckon tarmac camping is the way forward in this country.I:

·
jabby fingered, worn nubbed, ginger ninja
12,080 Posts
i did that yesterday morning, got back from a night out in the early hours and the misses had bolted the front door forgetting that i needed to get in so i slept on my drive in the van.

not quite the same as a tesco's car park but it was a good nights kip.

she got a bit worried though when she woke up to find me not in bedI: phoned me up to give me an earful and then got all apologetic, brilliant way to get her to make breakfast:D

·
Registered
758 Posts
decided that tesco tarmac camping is the way forward in this miserably wet summer we are having (again). Stayed out of town on a works night out last night and all the guys and gals had B&B's hotels etc at 40 & 50 quid. Tipped it down all night but Tesco carpark was clean with no mud. open 24hrs. clean tiolets, fresh food and best of all its free. slept like a log. Does that make me an official pikey. Anyway i reckon tarmac camping is the way forward in this country.I:

be careful and read the signs! eastbourne tescos has ANPR cameras on the entrance and exit and a 2 hour time limit. - plus a £50 fine if you over stay :eek:

seems more and more common these days :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
not pikey at all, I spend about 40-50 nights a year on tarmac, I too went to a stag-do where everyone just paid about 50 quid to stay in a Premier Inn and I camped in the carpark for free and slept very well indeed.

It's not pikey it's common sense, people in NZ do this well into their old age.

Steff

·
Registered
737 Posts
be careful and read the signs! eastbourne tescos has ANPR cameras on the entrance and exit and a 2 hour time limit. - plus a £50 fine if you over stay :eek:

seems more and more common these days :(
hmmm, unenforcable though, these scammers rely on their official looking notices to put the fear of god into you, ignore them always.
they simply ask dvla for your details pay the couple of quid fee and send you the ticket.

please check http://www.pepippo.com

i doubt theres a scammer out there they ain't heard of.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
The only thing to be careful of is that, being in your van with a skinful on board, you are in the eyes of the law, 'drunk in charge of a motor vehicle' which is also the title they give to drunk driving.

And it does happen as the rozzers tried to take me to court for it 7 years ago... Was in back of car, wrapped in a duvet and fast asleep when they woke me at 4:30am. Got thrown out as I was in NCP car park with the gates locked... they climbed over a low fence to investigate the only car left in the car park.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
my wife and l were goin to sleep in a pub car park after a wedding do, she bottled out, but l was up vfor it:D she wans't so keen, gutted, could of been the start of something beautifulA:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts