VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Anyone apart from Autokraft Paul fitted one of the above Pioneer head units?

Opinions please

Thanks

Matt
Yes, i have one, its good, ipod interface, speed of operation, sound quality and handsfree are very good

A few negatives, the bezel and cage that come with it need throwing away and a proper one buying, i have just ordered a connects 2 adapter, forget seeing the screen in bright sunlight, you cant. I am still undecided about appmode, would i buy it over the 4400 just for appmode, probably not

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, i have one, its good, ipod interface, speed of operation, sound quality and handsfree are very good

A few negatives, the bezel and cage that come with it need throwing away and a proper one buying, i have just ordered a connects 2 adapter, forget seeing the screen in bright sunlight, you cant. I am still undecided about appmode, would i buy it over the 4400 just for appmode, probably not
Thanks, how come you had to buy a connects 2 adaptor?

·
Premium Member
363 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's because the cage that comes with it has a bezel on it which sits about 5-10mm proud of the dash then the stereo sits slightly forward of that the connects2 adapter gets rid of the cage and bezel and the stereo is mounted directly in it so it's flush with the dash

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/con-ct24vw08-ct24vw08-facia-plate-for-volkswagen-golf-mkiv.html

Nice 1, cheers T1969, I was having the same thoughts about mine, just orders that cage and hopfully that should sort mine out too!

I have changed the wrighting to green which makes it slightly easier to read in the sun but would agree, its not perfect in the sun!

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Nice 1, cheers T1969, I was having the same thoughts about mine, just orders that cage and hopfully that should sort mine out too!

I have changed the wrighting to green which makes it slightly easier to read in the sun but would agree, its not perfect in the sun!
Well, the bezel fits well and looks 10 times better, BUT and it a big BUT, the motorised screen can't open, doh !!!

Going to see if I can trim it to let it open, it tilts up first and jams against the top edge.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got the same HU and didnt know about the cage/bezel wouldn't mind one. Let us know how you get on with the jamming problem. Nice head unit but shocking radio reception with standard aerial and booster/amplifier combo but thats probably more of a standard aerial problem. Next biggest prob...fitting all the wires in the dash!!!

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Yeah, got it sorted, you don't have to really bother but the aesthetics didn't suit me.

To get the linked bezel to fit you will need to cut out the plastic support at the back of the hole or the HU will hit it, just use a hacksaw blade out of the frame an it only takes 5 mins. It's even worth removing this I you use the pioneer cage as it makes room for the cables.

You will then need to file the upper lip off the new bezel adapter (its about 3mm) to make clearance for the screen to open properly, works fine now and looks much better than the original frame and bezel.

I can honestly say mine has fine radio reception, that's the one thing I haven't noticed !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts