VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok silly question here anyone have any idea what to clean a piper cross air filter with if you have been running on veggie oil as well as it is feeling very sticky...

·
Registered
358 Posts
warm soapy water usually works :)
Dont forget to re-oil the filter. Its the stickiness of the oil that traps the dust. You can get oil specific to the task at the motor factors.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I worked at a tuning company for a fair few years

As the VAG engines seemed to have MAF`s fail it was decided that Pipercross filters was non oiled
You could oil it IF you wanted , but I can remember having one in my Fabia , one in my fella`s Octy one for my dad`s Ford , even that was non oiled

Just a thought

Sarah

·
Pendle Performance Main Agent
1,135 Posts
No, do not oil them, wash them and leave them to dry, the oil has been known to attach itself to the maf sensor and cause heaps of problems, wash and dry them, that's good enough. T:

·
Registered
358 Posts
I raced motocross for a few years... diffrent strokes.

I can see where you are coming from though. But in that case I would recommend using the standard paper element filter unless the extra 30% airflow is required by some tune up details. The unoiled open cell foam filter will allow fine dust through. Enough to kill a motocross engine in 2or 3 laps on a hot summers day.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Taken delivery of a Pipercross panel filter today. It's definitely oiled, in fact if it had any more oil on it, the US would invade it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi all,

Just tagging on to this! I've just got a pipercross filter and it's oiled, should I wash it off and use it or is it safer to stay with the standard paper filter?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a k&n on my Audi S3. Took it off cleaned it up, re-oiled it liberally and a week later the MAF sensor gave up and had to have it replaced. The original air filter went back on immediately.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts