VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Bought a tin of this some years ago from a chandlery. did the usual, plyer handles, hammer handle, dipped some engine compartment bits. Great stuff with a good finish. T: Put the tin on the shelf and forgot about it till I moved. Opened the tin and it was solid rubber. :( So if you buy some, make sure you use it up before it goes off. A:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I painted my winter wheels for my X5 matte black with a few rattle cans of this to a) hide the state of the wheels curbing, and b) prevent having to clean them very often, it's amazing stuff, idiot proof in aerosol form, it's all the rage stateside and is an especially good way to try out an idea that you can reverse, for £10 quid a tin, it's cheap fun.T:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Coincidently, i've just been looking at this stuff. I've seen a "car spray kit" £400ish to do a complete respray, i'm seriously considering giving it a go! Loads of youtube vids on how to do it, looks awesome!

·
Registered
109 Posts
i've just had my bonet and roof done. great finish if its shot properly, protects your paint work and is totally removable. I can get a good price done by professional body shop (the place that does the GENUINE VW UK sport-line conversions). PM me if your interested.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yeh iv had a bit of experience with this now used a variety of colours and the spray gun, done badges, wheels, stripped bonnet etc and it comes out nice with a good variety of colours around. Planning on spraying my van once the facelift has been added.

When it comes to interior parts I would avoid spraying parts that are in contact a lot as it will peal off, but if you was to spray parts that's arnt messed with too much then it'll be fine.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Trouble with this is that's its really a bit expensive at the moment I think it's £10 a can plus vat and delivery so works out £16 a can.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Ive tried it - thought it was disrupted on the surface that it coats all too easily...Time will tell ? They claim it gets a better bond with age...
I didnt go with their undercoat which is the manu recommendation....But then you peel it off, and it aint what it started out as , its grey undercoat...! :*

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yeh please don't use the undercoat unless you want the plastidip to be permanent which contradicts the reason why you would use plastidip over traditional paint in the first place.I:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts