VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

I was a bit unfortunate with my right side a few days ago and cracked parts of my right hand side mirror. Since the top part that matches the color of the car is undamaged and a new electric foldable sidemirror for my '13 Multivan costs enough, I have the past days been searching the web for just the black matte plastic parts, but to little success.

That being said, I have found the parts that completes the outer part of the mirror, but the part that hides the foundation part of the mirror where it's mounted on the door isn't something I have come across.

So the question is this; since the manual foldable mirrors have the same structure, would it be possible to buy a cheaper mirror that is not electrical foldable and use the plastic parts I need from it, or are there actually some place to buy just the plastic parts (all of them) so that I can reuse the metal parts, the mirror and the electronics that still works?

Thank you.

Registered
eBay is pretty good for mirror bits, otherwise a vehicle dismantler might be a good idea 馃憤馃徎

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. As I've stated, there are sellers (also on eBay) that sells the outer most parts, but not the one hiding the bracket that is bolted to the door. 馃槉

1 - 3 of 3 Posts