VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the love of god, please could someone tell me how you remove the small plastic retaining clips that hold the roof lining up.? I'm starting to insulate the van and the back doors have been panel over the original panel, but I can't seem to shift these little s**ing clips.....HELP ME PLEASE!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Easiest way is to get a small torq or Allen key on a socket and fit an extension.T: lightly tap with a hammering impliment on the centre of the clip,you will have to replace the clips but you will butcher the trim if you do it by trying to pull the clip down.the centre of the clip is meant to twist out of the clip but they never do.good luck. T:

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
but before hammering, try unscrewing them first, some will some wont. its a bit like a rawl plug type thin, the screw in the middle pushes apart two tangs on the otherside of the clip.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I wedged a flat screw driver blade into the ones that wouldn't budge, it did the trick.

You need to be very gental with the allen key to get them to shift, about 50% of mine were ok the rest I did with the screw driver. Was able to re-use them all, some a bit scruffy but its not a show van and you have to be fussy to notice.

·
offside customs
1,818 Posts
i use a metal ruler toprize gentley to start the thread.
ive lots of spare ones if you make a mess of any witch you will lol
have fun

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers chaps much obliged... pain in the rear aint they!, but they are out :)
T:

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Hi, it's small allen key into the little hole, a bit of the old lefty loosie and then remove the whole unit using a trim remover, available for about £2 on fleabay, or my personal favorite, 6mm bit in the battery drill to rag out the tough ones - I think it's £4 for 20 new ones on ebay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts