VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have built a box at the rear with the folding down 3 seats at the rear but!!! it still not bloody long enough!!!!oooos.....
I need something made light and packable to place at the end to extend? any ideas please??? Merry xmas*<:)>

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just done mine,might be a bit heavy though-makes it a bit lower!!.internal width of van in boot/shelve area is approx 60",cut 3 pieces of plywood/board 60" by 20" and cover in material,i fold my caravelle rear seat forward,slide the 60 by 20 pieces of board out of the boot, overhanging the seat headrests,giving me a 6 foot plus bed,made up some legs to stop it tipping and gonna make some form of strap to secure to back of rear seat for added stength[can also use strap to secure when boards are in boot in transit]the 3 boards only use 3" depth max in the boot area,so no real loss of space.
also heard people using 1 piece of 60" by 20"board, folding rear seat forward,somehow clipping board to the 3 headrests and fitting legs to the overhanging part to make up to a 6 foot bed,i like my headrests though,so spread the weight using the boards
.................cheers john

·
Registered
299 Posts

dont know if this helps but its wot i did so i can still get me mtb in down side :ILU:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts