VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently fitted a new clutch to my van and the van became new again it was brilliant. HOWEVER.... now i have a electrical fault, its something to do with my earth cable i think... heres the problem.... if i start the engine and drive along with my lights on, the indicators will be on permantly, not flashing just solid, if i putt the hand brake up the stereo will come on, the fan heater for the cab doesnt work now but again if i pull the handbrake up it will come on, if the stereo is on and i touch the brake cable the stereo will go off. ect ect ect its winding me up and at this point im loosing my rag with this van, ive been ploughing money into left right and center trying to do it up so me and the misses have got a nice van to go away in however its getting to the point where its one thing after another, does anyone know where i can start looking for the earth cable if that is what i need to do or how to fix this problem with pictures ?? or do i drive it off a cliff?:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
right i have sort of found a way to make things work and a temporaraly solution, if i pull the hand brake up to the point where the hand brake light just comes on everything works as it should, is my earthing cable anywhere near the handbrake cable???

·
Registered
931 Posts
Whilst I dont have a solution for you, it does sound like it should be a simple fix.

Most people on this forum love helping others. But as a suggestion for the future, its good to put the jist of the problem in the subject line so people can know whether it's something they know about or not. Otherwise it's possible they may just scroll over it ;)

Dont panic, i'm sure someone in the know will be along soon.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
If your around at the weekend I can take a look, can't promise anything!

I'm just down road in Wimborne T:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts