VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having a absolute mare.
its christmas month and ive already had to but a new battery as mine has given up, but when i parked it up last night i heard a mettalic rattling coming from underneath

been underneath it this morning and the exhaust pipe has come out of the middle box

obviously being an expensive month anyway im looking for a cheap solution, as far as i can see, nothing is wrong with the pipe or the box, not sure if the pipe has just come out or if there was a weld there that has given way

any suggestions on a fix would be great
cheers
chris

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
how is that pipe normally attached to the middle box? sorr i dont have a clue if there is a more technical term for it

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have no idea how to

its the pipe that goes into the middle box, its on the exhaust side, not the manifold side

i cant see anything wrong with it, it has just come out as far as i can see

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
think thats all it would need a weld?

i cant see anything else wrong with it at all

any idea how much a weld like that would cost?

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
If you have two stubby bits of pipe then get a slighty bigger or smaller pipe and two exhaust clamps, nick the pipes all round with a hacksaw and tighten the exhaust clamos round them having smeared them with a bit of exhaust paste,

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is exhaust glue anygood, it has only got to last me a short time, i have welders at work but im on leave at the minute

1 - 9 of 9 Posts