VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all does anyone know of any really truely good suspension kits for t4 i,ve owned the van for over 3 years now been running on about a 75mm drop with 225/40/18 the van is great on motorways and looks great but its time to be realistic now i have a baby girl now and down in devon roads its /uneven and with the wife now complaining more lol i need to sort something out , would like to keep the look and get better comfort if poss cheers

·
Registered
8,736 Posts
You will never get a decent ride on 40 profile tyres on a van, for the rear use eibach springs and then use gaz shocks front and back. Unfortunately ride quality deteriorates the lower you go and unless someone comes up with either air ride or coil overs for the T4 we are stuck with it.

Tyres form a great part of the the suspension set up and absorb a great deal of the shock and vibrations from the road, if anyone has any ideas of how to achieve a low ride height with decent quality ride I would love to hear them.T:

·
Registered
8,736 Posts
Due to the amount of potholes I raised my van about 25mm, it is like driving a different van no more banging, it handles so much better.
I do prefer the way it looks when lower, so will probably drop it again in a few months, but need to alter the bump stops and hopefully have gaz shocks by thenT:

·
MASTER OF REPAIRS
295 Posts
i dropped my T4 100mm on 18's with 40 profile and was bloody awfull, think i lost a few fillings, i went to 55 profiles and dropped the pressure a little and it now perfect ride, yes not LOW but looks good and the wheels and tyres certainly fill the arches up nicely

1 - 10 of 10 Posts