VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am looking for recommendations for a good bodyshop in the North Devon area.

Our T4 is fully converted, complete with pop-top, and pretty much the last job to do is our respray. (That may be back-to-front, but its just how it worked out!)

I have had unbelievable difficulty finding someone to take the job on. I had someone lined up for this week, but they bailed on me on Friday!

There's some rust in the front arches to sort as well, but overall just a fairly standard job I would have thought.

Its not even like I'm looking for a budget job. We've spent money on everything else, so I just want the paint job to do it all justice.

Can anyone recommend someone?

Many thanks

Pedro

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello Pedro.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble, I can not recommend anyone directly but have often seen what looks like freshly painted campers outside Camperliners and Individual Campers in the Torridge area. I don't think they paint themselves but must know someone suitable for the job. It may be worth dropping them a call, or even stopping by and asking if they have any recommendations or suggestions.

Having just started painting my own LWB having come from minis and old Porsches there's a heck of a lot of work involved, I suppose some people may be finding this daunting.

Good luck and let us know if you sort something.

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Just spoke to my Brother, he tells me he has also been using Exway Coachworks Ltd in Riverside Road Barnstaple, with very good results if that helps you T:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look into those.

I did speak to Individual Campers a couple of years back about our conversion, but they couldn't fit us in at the time. However, they did recommend Horns Cross Repair Centre at the time for the respray, so I'm planning to speak to them.

I also had a recommendation for MJM Autobody Repairs, who look like they do a lot of VW work.

I'll make some enquiries, but if anyone else has suggestions or experiences with any of these, please let me know.

Cheers.

·
Registered
143 Posts
G n S auto tec on Chivenor business park. they have done both my mates t4's and the work is mind blowing. can't recommend them enough. you'll not be disappointed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I have spoken to them actually.

Only trouble was they wanted the van for 2 months. :eek:

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
I'm in paint at the moment at a place in Eastleigh for major bodywork + complete top to toe respray but probably too far away for you

google MDH Repair Centre if you're interested - speak to Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts