VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Hope you can help. My central locking works fine on the van but it doesn't stay unlocked. When I press the fob all the doors open and then close straight after. If I open the drivers door with the keys then all the doors unlock and stay unlocked. I know there has been a few threads on here about central locking but my problem seems different in as much as it does work. I have a 2000 2.5tdi Caravelle. Any help woould be much appreciated as it's driving me nuts. Thanks, Heulwen

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
hi mate, mine did this last year after keeping it stored over winter, seems like the same fault,
try unwinding the lift buttons on your doors, ( try drivers door first ) mine was binding on the passinger door and the motor wasnt strong enough to lift it... because of the binding the doors like yours keept locking them selves, i sanded the lift button down a little and put a little grease on it,,, been fine ever since... does this make sence

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
mines was doing this aswell,it was a faulty actuator,take the door panels off then disconnect each actuator one at a time,while trying to lock/unlock the van,this will show you which one is faulty

·
Registered
170 Posts
The central locking motors on the doors go stiff and this causes them to stick. WD40 is sprayed on the mech softens the grease up and sometimes solves the problem and you can also try what chezzy1 recommends.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ive just had the same problem this morning!!

I worked my way around each lock (manually locking and unlocking) until I worked out that it was the passenger side playing up. I found that if I manually lifted the door pin up then the remote wouldn't lock the rest of the van (well, it would but then it would immediately unlock).

So I decided to leave it unlocked on my drive earlier, I've just gone back to it now and found that the central locking wont work full stop now!!!:eek:

I've stripped out the motor from the passenger side and its well melted inside...

So the question is... Why isnt the rest of the central locking working now????? I've checked the fuses and the're all fine....

ANY IDEAS PLEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEEE????????:confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
A 5 year "Bump"

My Central locking is doing the similar. The passenger actuator is working and (very) clean inside but when it's connected to the system it doesn't work, causing the rest of the central locking to stay open?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts