VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 2.5 130 BNZ 71k

I get a fair thump if i'm a bit quick with clutch, more so in lower gears. I suppose the bite is fairly high but not excessive.

Tested for driveshaft wear, felt ok, took it off and inspected anyway - splines fine, wee bit dry.

Tested for DMF, don't really get any judder, riding the clutch in reverse on a hill behaves normally.

Haven't had anyone look at the engine/box mounts for excessive play.

I have heard some folk concede that the clutch feel is just a bit pish on these and you get used to it. My t4 clutch made it to 181k and only just needs doing now.

Any thoughts and cheers in advance!

Rob

·
Registered
158 Posts
Rob,
Me too ! My T4 clutch was very smooth but the T5 is a bit snatchy in the low gears especially 1st to 2nd I get a jolt sometimes. Getting used to it now.

Andy

·
Registered
158 Posts
Rob,

Mines the same, T4 was smooth, the T5 is a bit snatchy, sometimes get a jolt from 1st to 2nd if I'm not careful. I had a slight rumble/ change in engine tone when I depressed the clutch pedal. I had a VW tech look at it and he said the clutch operation was absolutely fine. The noise was Normal too.

Cheers Andy

2.5 Tdi 174

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Andy i was out and about last night and think i'll get used to it! Glad i had the driveshaft off anyway since i'm away to Morrocco so i can be confident in it.

rob

·
Registered
165 Posts
Mine did the same and it was 2 engine mounts.

Had them replaced and there is still a shunt if I take my foot off the accelerator quickly, my mechanic said that is normal.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Mine did the same and it was 2 engine mounts.

Had them replaced and there is still a shunt if I take my foot off the accelerator quickly, my mechanic said that is normal.
Got the same thing on mine. 2.5 174. Getting new front engine mount a week tomorrow but only £75.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi, I've had similar problems, I changed, engine mounts x4, lower wishbone bushes x2, new DMF clutch and after all of that I got VW to change the clutch switch (£13.46) total cost of £38 (they only charged 20 minutes worth of work to do it). Try this very cheep method first!!

Hope this helps, Martin.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers Martin, thing is the clutch switch should be working as pressing the clutch does pause the cruise control so it must be operational. I could try it right enough. Will need to get a mate to look at the engine while i make it jump see if the movement is excessive. cheers all!

·
Registered
37 Posts
hi wondering if anyone can give advice on approaching a junction i changed down gear as normal but felt a loud bang judder noise i put it in 1st gear to set off again but it would not take up drive in any gear it ticks over lets me put it in all gears but just wont drive and when i try to release the clutch when in gear it makes a loud noise any ideas thanks tara

1 - 10 of 10 Posts