VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can any one help me im thinking of buying a tunit plug and play system for my T5 60 plate its the 102 2.0lt with this DPF system on it
I would like to know 1. will VW know that i have it on as im worried about the warranty 2. will it effect this DPF filter system . and 3 has any body ever had one of these tunit system and did you save on MPG ? I have e mail tunit and they say its all ok but is that sales talk or not please can you help me ? thank you :*

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I don't know the Tunit plug in kit so can't comment directly, but looking at their website a week or so ago when I was looking at all the options I believe their units are c£450. I did a bit of digging and got advice from this forum and have had a remap done on my van for just a bit over half that price - see my thread on how pleased I am.

Depends on what you want but I found the remap route was really simple to organise, and although it's early days it has boosted power and torque a lot. Not had it long enough to know about mpg yet though.

As I say I don't know Tunit kit so I'm just mentioning this as an alternative idea.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Ah, good point - I don't know for sure, and I guess the plug and play is something you could take off? I don't know if they could detect a p&p unit having been installed.

·
Banned
293 Posts
A lot of the guys on here have gone to Martin at Pendle Performance. From the information I have gathered, he is one of the few tuning companies offering a remap for the new 2.0 CRD engine. One thing to consider is that if your van goes in for a service and VW do a software update, you will lose the remap. And yes, VW will know and wriggle out of any warranty claim.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts