VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if im reading this correctly, but is this PDF outling a proposal for a emissions zone in Plymouth? Page 17 under managing air quality and transport noise the second note down?
Proper gutted if it is only just got our T4 an was looking forward to many years with it but 5 before i cant even take the kids in town is going to knock the stuffing out of that idea!:(:(:(:(

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Have not yet read the thread, but I understand there are grants for councils that bring this sort of rubbish in. You need to get complaining to your local newspapers right now.

Send emails to the local TV station and radio stations, get in touch with local traders that use work vans, the LEZ changes have very quietly killed off small traders across London that used diesel vans and for many crippled their chances of a profitable year as they have to change vans. For somewhere like Plymouth you have local shops being cut off from your spending, another nail in the coffin of the high street. (Topical at the moment)

Don't let this nonsense slip in through the back door. If you need to start a campaign, a good many of us will be happy to drive down and join in any drive through etc.

Not that I have strong view on this sort of thing of course *<:)>

Good luck at getting them stopped.

DavidT:

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
ho dear another load of targeted at a few it cant do plymoth any good in long term to do what london did with the lez it will be a lot of money thrown at this for a few motors that will fall in to this area and possibly for some be owned buy hard working people who are finding it hard enuf to pay for every thing at the moment with all the tax on every thing you do .it cant be good for the tourist trade as well it will put people off going there if there goig to end up with if like london a £100 a day to enter .i have family down there so its not good sounds like a sneaky way of doing what happend to london looks like we all will have to keep our eyes open for the sneaky (a holes) in our councils i bet theres plans for most towns and citys

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
Pointless exercise...

I studied environmental science at Plymouth uni and one of our findings at the time was that Plymouth has the best air quality of any city in Europe as there is no heavy industry and the weather rolls in from the south west, I.e. straight in from the Atlantic Ocean.

There have been some changes due to the waste to energy incinerators but I doubt there is much difference. Lichens on trees are a good indicator of long term air quality and if you look on any tree in Plymouth there is masses of the stuff.

Somebody in government has probably issued a order that all cities must have a plan and therefore this has been drafted probably at considerable cost.

Good to know my taxes don't get wasted.....

Grrr

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
We live close to the LEZ and I know a few people who are having to sell perfectly good vans or lose any work in London. It don't take a rocket scientist to work out that the cost ends up with the consumer who pays a premium for the builder's shiny new van and the lack of competition from builders who can't afford the extra cost. If only we could tax hot air, we could make a fortune from the house of commons!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts