VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running London Marathon for Oxfam

As part of my mid life crisis I took up running in 2010 - the 2nd part was buying a T5!!!!! :eek:

As a result I ran three half marathons in 2011, Taunton, Plymouth and Bristol (best time so far at half marathon distance is 1hr 31mins)

I ran the Plymouth Half for the Help for Heroes charity

In April of this year I watched the London Marathon on TV, and foolishly decided to submit and a request to run – so many people try to run it every year that only about 1 in 5 people get a place – and I thought I would be quite safe in not getting a place. So you can imagine my shock when I discovered in October that I’d secured a place!

The Marathon is 26.2 miles which currently is twice as far as I’ve ever run in one go! At the moment it feels very daunting, but I have my training plan – which is just short of 500 miles in total over 60 odd runs – and will take me all the way through to Marathon day on Sunday April 22nd

The London Marathon is the biggest single fund raising event in the country, and I’ve decided to run in support of Oxfam. I’ve picked Oxfam as it’s a charity my wife and I have supported for a number of years through monthly donations – and I’ve already got my bright green Oxfam running vest.

You can read all about the work of Oxfam on their website at http://www.oxfam.org.uk/

If you would like to support Oxfam please sponsor me via my “Virgin Money Giving” page at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/RichMobyWarne

April 22nd may seem a long way away, but I’ve already started training and your early support will inspire me to go training on the long, dark and wet winter nights!

Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
training run yesterday, 7 miles round Plymstock, counted 18 T4s and T5s, including 6 in Howard Road - some sort of record?

Faves were Electric Blue T4 and lowered and de-badged black T5 T:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts