VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't seen anything up on this one yet,is the forum club camping??
Gaz.

·
Cornwall Massive
2,838 Posts
Most folks I know felt a bit disappointed with it last year (esp compared to the blinder the year before), and the feeling was that they were cashing in on the 'music-festival' teeny-bopper side of the show, and that the dubbing was a bit sidelined...:*

Not sure what we'll be doing this year... :ILU:

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Worst event of last year IMO.
Set up as two fingers up to RTTS and slowly turning into it.
Won't be going this year Gaz :(

Maybe RTTS will turn full circle and become good again :*.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad it wasn't just us who felt like that then as we had a cracking time year before ,maybe RTTS would be a better option or wait for the Bristol Volkfest???
Gaz.

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
PVF is intended to ba a music festival but the organisers could not get permission from the council to stage such an event,so they involved the volkswagen part of it to get the permission as a car festival and eventually this will be phased out of the event
over the coming years.It has already started as anyone will have noticed if you have been to the three previous events you will have noticed its being steered towards the music and not the VWs'
Shame really that a local VW event is dying due to this,first two years were awesome,i didnt make it last year as the missus was expecting our baby but i didnt get one good report.
As to wether i will attend this year is yet to be decided.

If we do a forum camping area again im sure Graham will sort the tickets out again T:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Was planning to go this year but have just booked TT tickets. Sounds like i made the right choice.

·
Registered
878 Posts
We have been to this the last 2 years, Last year`s was a bit of a mess up on room allocated for camping, someone forgot to allow for entry / exit roads between campers which mean`t camping areas were severely reduced in size to accomodate roads in / out.
Been told this will be sorted for this year:D
Personally think it`s more enjoyable than RTTS which is more for chavy teenagers these days with hot hatches:eek:

·
Registered
65 Posts
PVF is intended to ba a music festival but the organisers could not get permission from the council to stage such an event,so they involved the volkswagen part of it to get the permission as a car festival and eventually this will be phased out of the event
over the coming years.It has already started as anyone will have noticed if you have been to the three previous events you will have noticed its being steered towards the music and not the VWs'
Shame really that a local VW event is dying due to this,first two years were awesome,i didnt make it last year as the missus was expecting our baby but i didnt get one good report.
As to wether i will attend this year is yet to be decided.

If we do a forum camping area again im sure Graham will sort the tickets out again T:
Discounted VW club tickets are available get Graham or who ever is organising camping to give Chris a shout ! It is a VW show however trying to get VW traders is hard we are trying to get more auto jumblers and club displays! So if you would like a club auto jumble pitch or display pitch let us know ! We are trying to put on a show for the family with something for all ! I haven't posted to stir up any thing all I can say is sorry for any problems you had last year we are trying to ensure they don't happen again. Chris 07702206713

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discounted VW club tickets are available get Graham or who ever is organising camping to give Chris a shout ! It is a VW show however trying to get VW traders is hard we are trying to get more auto jumblers and club displays! So if you would like a club auto jumble pitch or display pitch let us know ! We are trying to put on a show for the family with something for all ! I haven't posted to stir up any thing all I can say is sorry for any problems you had last year we are trying to ensure they don't happen again. Chris 07702206713
I fort it was a great show- and you can count on my attandance this year!!!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Probably gonna give it a miss this year.

Met some good folks last year, had a cracking curry, and enjoyed the camping. But wasnt keen on the overall event.

Organisers should defo ban the sale of chinese lanterns this year tho - cars, tents and out of control laterns do not mix! :*

Probs gonna stay west of it this year, have a relaxed time down the beach, maybe pop over to newquay for half an hour, then back to the beach for another surf. T:

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I only went down for the Show n Shine on Sunday last year but wasn't all that impressed with what I saw to be honest.

Even less impressed to catch some little turds trying to throw stink bombs in my van. :mad:

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
have to say i travelled down fron bristol last year for this and a autojumble....think there was only about 5 people doing autojumble,which is very low for a vw show..

dreadzone where good,but have to say the vw side of things,did not seem to well organized...

plus being put under a massive tree to start with,dropping branches and sap all over my van did not put in the best of moods...girl who was organizing the trade side of things,seemed uninterested,even though we had to pay for the jumble plots (which is pretty much free everywhere else)..Glad i never forked out the massive trade plot fee though as would not of covered costs that weekend.

moved myself to somewhere else in the end off of my own back and just setup..

Sorry but have to say adrian and Bristol Volks have got it spot on...T:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts