VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

I have a 2.5 LWB petrol T4, I posted this problem here before but got nothing back.

I am have a issue with my van the problems is when I have being driving the van for anything longer than 15 min when I restart the engine after stopping it has problems starting. I have to pump the gas to get the van to run.

Q when you start yout motor you can here the fuel pump kicking in. Should I be hearing the fule pump even if the engine has beng running for a while.

I recently changed the OIL, PLUGS, THE CAP, CAP LEADS and coolant. It was happening before I gave the van a good service. I was hopeing that it was fix the issue.

Can anyone point me in the right direction. Fuel pump maybe!!!!

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I think I'm right in thinking that the petrols all use electric fuel pumps, which usually either work or they don't. My initial suspicion would probably be a temp sensor problem. Have you replaced the 2 pin water temp sensor? They are known to cause problems (although more usually with poor running) when they fail.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Guys

Thanks for the replies. I will replace the water temp sensor today or tomorrow and keep you posted.
Fingers crossed I get to the bottom of this.

D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts