VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Leicestershire police have been doing an experiment where they only bother with burglaries at houses that have even numbers.

They have evaluated it over 3 months and are thinking of rolling it out to the whole of the East Midlands.

I imagine that the success is that it halves their workload. (well it would, wouldn't it?)

WTF!!! You couldn't make this stuff up.

And yes, my house does not have an even number, better hope that I don't get burgled then, now that burglars know that they are safe as long as they don't rob an even numbered house.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-33788264

What is coming next, I wonder. How about stolen cars. If it has an odd number, forget about it?

That has got to be some kind of discrimination, hasn't it, must be illegal surely.

The lunatics are running the asylum.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Maybe it's nation wide, our garage got robbed recently, best ring the police we thought.

Ok sir, here's a crime number, speak to your insurance company.

That was it! No visit, no questions, no nothing!

And yep, we live at 147! :bhd

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
Watching the assorted "Motorway Cop and Cop Alert " programmes where they sit in laybys hoping that crime comes their way to aleviate the bordom while little old ladies are liying in their burgled homes possibly injured.

Makes sense don't it?:eek:

Cheers, Tony.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that every house with an odd number or no number at all should have the police part of their council tax reduced if this is all true, to enable then to pay for a burglar alarm.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
We were talking about this last night over a curry. Four police forces are now investigating historic alegations of child abuse against Ted Heath who is: A) Dead and therefore unable to defend himself. B) More importantly, unable to serve a prison sentence even if he could be tried.

When the coke and allegations were made against lord silly80llox, the Met Police battered the front door down in a dawn raid that served no purpose other than as a public relations stunt.

Yet when it comes to dealing with stuff that is important to most of us like burglaries and car crime, the old bill are nowhere to be found.

Funny old world.

·
Registered
292 Posts
We were talking about this last night over a curry. Four police forces are now investigating historic alegations of child abuse against Ted Heath who is: A) Dead and therefore unable to defend himself. B) More importantly, unable to serve a prison sentence even if he could be tried.

When the coke and allegations were made against lord silly80llox, the Met Police battered the front door down in a dawn raid that served no purpose other than as a public relations stunt.

Yet when it comes to dealing with stuff that is important to most of us like burglaries and car crime, the old bill are nowhere to be found.

Funny old world.
Spot on mate....:ILU:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Leicestershire police have been doing an experiment where they only bother with burglaries at houses that have even numbers.

They have evaluated it over 3 months and are thinking of rolling it out to the whole of the East Midlands.

I imagine that the success is that it halves their workload. (well it would, wouldn't it?)

WTF!!! You couldn't make this stuff up.

And yes, my house does not have an even number, better hope that I don't get burgled then, now that burglars know that they are safe as long as they don't rob an even numbered house.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-33788264

What is coming next, I wonder. How about stolen cars. If it has an odd number, forget about it?

That has got to be some kind of discrimination, hasn't it, must be illegal surely.

The lunatics are running the asylum.

That's OK then :D .............I live in a house with an even no.................. My van has an even reg. plate.....................

And I don't live in the East Midlands?! Rasp:

·
Registered
618 Posts
I though it was a public service paid for by the public to uphold the law on our behalf so they should do their job an SERVE what they are paid to do. even house number or not if i shot the burglar they'd be round sharpish or am i safe in an uneven numbered house can i do what i want?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
You need to look at the way this is being spun by the BBC. The headline may read that they are ignoring the burglaries, but in fact they are still being investigated. The only difference is that they were not sending a crime scene investigator to every house that was affected. A police officer would still likely have gone around to see what had gone on and how. Most forces send their coppers around to do that in the first instance and then see if there is any reason for a CSI to go there anyway. Look at the money that needs to be saved by police forces, its getting to a point where there are barely enough officers to answer calls where people are coming to harm right now. So if by saving time/money in other places means that I can call a policeman on 999 if im attacked, then I would rather have that..

As for the comment about traffic cops. From what I can see (although I dont tend to watch them) most of those programs seem to be really old. Contrary to popular belief, the force that issues a speeding ticket or something doesnt get the money from it...that all goes back to the government. These days I think you will find those traffic departments are chasing people who are nicking your car/van etc. Because the reality is that all criminals use the roads. If they are nicking out of your house or anything else, chances are they are also the sort of people who are drink/drug driving, no insurance or taking your car/van to a chop shop or something to send out of the country. After all, look at Al Capone (At least I think it was him).... they put him in prison in the end for tax evasion!

·
Bercow fan club
10,246 Posts

Funny old world.
Good job we didn't have that attitude when investigating ''historical'' war crimes.

Absolute bunkum :)

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Good job we didn't have that attitude when investigating ''historical'' war crimes.

Absolute bunkum :)
Completely different argument. War criminals are still being prosecuted from crimes committed during WW2 and rightly so. Wasting time and money on an investigation that will never be brought to a successful conclusion is another thing completely. If we follow your logic, the police would be investigating the circumstances surrounding the stabbing of Julias Ceasar or trying to work out who Jack the Ripper was. Interesting stuff, but not a good use of public money.

My point is that money spent investigating a crime where the accused is dead could be much better spent on bringing living criminals to court.

·
Registered
8,736 Posts
Completely different argument. War criminals are still being prosecuted from crimes committed during WW2 and rightly so. Wasting time and money on an investigation that will never be brought to a successful conclusion is another thing completely. If we follow your logic, the police would be investigating the circumstances surrounding the stabbing of Julias Ceasar or trying to work out who Jack the Ripper was. Interesting stuff, but not a good use of public money.

My point is that money spent investigating a crime where the accused is dead could be much better spent on bringing living criminals to court.
Pity they didn't investigate them when they were alive, after all Ted Heath, Leon Brittan, Jimmy Saville and loads of other predatory paedophiles all had accusations made against them whilst alive. The establishment, government, monarchy, police and the judiciary all covered it up.

You love to protect these scum don't you Al, I remember you saying the same about Saville, it is because of people with your attitude that they get away with it.

Thatcher knew all about Ted Heath, Leon Brittan and Jimmy Saville and probably her vile husband, is that why you defend them. Your hero protected the scum.

·
Bercow fan club
10,246 Posts

This money that's being wasted you so frequently talk about, who's money is it ?

Your other examples are poor ones, as Jack the Ripper by all accounts was an establishment figure so no wonder he was never apprehended, and Caesar was garrotted I recall.

Shame on those who wish to try and belittle crimes against children I:

·
Registered
8,736 Posts
This money that's being wasted you so frequently talk about, who's money is it ?

Your other examples are poor ones, as Jack the Ripper by all accounts was an establishment figure so no wonder he was never apprehended, and Caesar was garrotted I recall.

Shame on those who wish to try and belittle crimes against children I:

He does this all the time, typical Tory boy, defending the indefensible. No wonder paedophiles get away with it. :*

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Sorry lads, but I'm going to cut to the chase. Just as it's impossible to have a grown up discussion on politics without either of you calling everyone you don't agree with a Nazi, so it's impossible to discuss anything remotely topical without you claiming that anyone you disagree with is a pedophile. You both have a clear political agenda which is to smear everyone that disagrees with you with nothing short of libelous statements.

If you're so sure everyone else is a kiddy fiddler, why is it you've been so silent on the Rochdale abuse scandal? As I recall, this was abuse on an almost industrial scale carried out over a considerable period of time with the full knowledge of the Labour council who decided for reasons best known to themselves that it was best to let things lie rather than inflame racial tensions. To summarise: Better to let foreigners F**k vulnerable children than upset the political apple cart. Sorry if I come across a bit off message in this one, but I'm certain I speak for the majority when I say B011ox to political correctness. We should be jailing these b****s faster than we can build cells to put them up in.

Anyway: Back to the main point. If you think it's preferable to investigate historical crimes that by definition, cannot be brought to a successful conclusion as opposed to investigating current crimes that can, you've pretty much confirmed my suspicions.

You've lost the plot.

I sincerely hope that neither of you has the misfortune to be burgled or have your vans broken into. If you do, I look forward to helping the police with your inquiries 40 years from now.

Good night.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
P.S. As for the Tory boy slur? I used to be a Labour voter. I grew up in an area that Labour considered home territory. I still consider myself a swing voter, but every day I read the news and hear Labour politicians calling us Tory scum or viruses and you know what? If they want my vote, they need to learn some respect. Calling your potential customers scum isn't the smartest move.

Then I read Brian Eno's comments: That it doesn't matter if Jeremy Corbyn is unelectable, it's the message that counts.

Longest suicide note in history? I bet JC's got a longer one.

Good luck lads.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
You need to look at the way this is being spun by the BBC. The headline may read that they are ignoring the burglaries, but in fact they are still being investigated. The only difference is that they were not sending a crime scene investigator to every house that was affected. A police officer would still likely have gone around to see what had gone on and how. Most forces send their coppers around to do that in the first instance and then see if there is any reason for a CSI to go there anyway. Look at the money that needs to be saved by police forces, its getting to a point where there are barely enough officers to answer calls where people are coming to harm right now. So if by saving time/money in other places means that I can call a policeman on 999 if im attacked, then I would rather have that..

As for the comment about traffic cops. From what I can see (although I dont tend to watch them) most of those programs seem to be really old. Contrary to popular belief, the force that issues a speeding ticket or something doesnt get the money from it...that all goes back to the government. These days I think you will find those traffic departments are chasing people who are nicking your car/van etc. Because the reality is that all criminals use the roads. If they are nicking out of your house or anything else, chances are they are also the sort of people who are drink/drug driving, no insurance or taking your car/van to a chop shop or something to send out of the country. After all, look at Al Capone (At least I think it was him).... they put him in prison in the end for tax evasion!
simple sack all the labour pcso and put that money back into proper policing

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.