Not open for further replies.
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,836 Posts

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
i had a car accident where someone hit my car and drove off, the accident was on cctv in a pub car park and i had witness details. i checked with pub etc before going to report accident all was good so i thought, i then reported it to police they gave me crime number and they couldn't even be bothered to go to pub and collect evidence or even view it or speak to witness, they are not interested in anything now but anpr as far as traffic is concearned they'll pull you if your car aint taxed tho.

·
jabby fingered, worn nubbed, ginger ninja
12,080 Posts
Fuck me, you lot don't give in do you, thank Christ I've stepped down as a mod and don't have to referee this ridiculous excuse for a discussion.

Why the fuck can't you discuss things without pointing fingers and calling names.

I tell you what, if you tried to discuss things with me like this in a pub it wouldn't last long.

Fucking childishness

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Fuck me, you lot don't give in do you, thank Christ I've stepped down as a mod and don't have to referee this ridiculous excuse for a discussion.

Why the fuck can't you discuss things without pointing fingers and calling names.

I tell you what, if you tried to discuss things with me like this in a pub it wouldn't last long.

Fucking childishness

Sorry Meatball but..

edit - Ok perhaps I should of said -

I understand your frustration but

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=75290

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
according to google, in 2013 there was 129,000 police. That just police officers... not including PCSO's.

We know there have been reductions, so lets say there are 100,000 left.

In that article they say that there have been 309 police officers and pcso's convicted. granted, only 25 of 45 forces responded. but seriously.... get some perspective.

Also, when a copper gets kicked out, the first thing they lose is their pension.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Yes because most step down to keep their pension and avoid publicity a sargent friend of mine step down because he said he could get an illegal drug in a pub to an undercover cop, altho he would never do it, he just ment anyone could find drugs if they wanted too, he was proper stung and cost him his job he was gutted

·
12,080 Posts
Clivey, Its definitely not big and it's certainly not clever but in all the times I've discussed the finer points of the usual suspects bullshit I've never sworn and he message just doesn't seem to hit home.

So I thought what best to combat willful ignorance. Blunt force trauma, maybe the message will seep in.

And you know a cunt is a cunt how ever much you dress it up.

And I'm most definitely a cunt��

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I only started this thread to talk about the Leicestershire Police response to Burglaries, but its turned into a thread like Who will you vote for in the election. It had nothing to do with Cyril Smith and Jimmy Saville being peados.

And I wasn't getting at the police, just whoever had this stupid idea that if you lived in an odd numbered house, it wasn't worth investigating your burglary. Can we get back onto the subject please.

Sir Clive Loader, Police Commissioner, when interviewed about this, said he had not heard of this scheme.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
And I wasn't getting at the police, just whoever had this stupid idea that if you lived in an odd numbered house, it wasn't worth investigating your burglary. Can we get back onto the subject please.
T:T:T:

Although Police Crime commisioners are really hit and miss, the one for Kent who did THAT documentary doesn't know her from her elbow according to many.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
I only started this thread to talk about the Leicestershire Police response to Burglaries, but its turned into a thread like Who will you vote for in the election. It had nothing to do with Cyril Smith and Jimmy Saville being peados.

Sir Clive Loader, Police Commissioner, when interviewed about this, said he had not heard of this scheme.
You've hit the nail on the head mate. Yesterday's Sunday Times had a column about police resources and the stupid gimmicks that pass for real policing. You may have read about the two coppers who have been posted to Magaluf to work with the Spanish police in dealing with drunken yobs. What you don't know is that they only do day shifts, clocking on at 10am and finish around 7pm.

I don't know a lot about police shifts, but I do know a bit about partying. It generally goes on after dark.

Thats our money being spent on giving two coppers a waste of time job for PR purposes and while they're sleeping, all the crime is being committed. TW*TS

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
When I was a kid, we had real respect for the police. If a copper told you off for not having a front light on your push bike, you worried about it for weeks.

·
12,080 Posts
When I was a kid there were 2 beat coppers for the areas I hung around in. They both knew my name and they both knew my parents. They'd think nothing of slapping me round the back of the head then telling me a time to be home at so we could talk to my mum before my dad got home. Awesome old boys even if I was a little twat at times.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
There is no respect for the police anymore.
A lot of kids have no respect for anyone these days because they are being brought up in households where their parents have never grown up and have no respect either.

As for a lack of respect from the rest of us? Respect is not a right, it is earned by working hard, being honest, respectful and generally trying to be a good citizen. Respect is not conferred by the wearing of a uniform as any traffic warden will tell you.

I have nothing but contempt for the police chiefs who waste money on utterly stupid ideas like this while neglecting the basics. They should be sacked without appeal after being forced to pay for both the awful paint job and the respray. They should then face charges of misusing public funds.

TW*TS

·
Registered
2 Posts
When I was a kid, we had real respect for the police. If a copper told you off for not having a front light on your push bike, you worried about it for weeks - so true!!!
Police should focus more on their duties. Every day you see news about corruption, abuse of power by police. The situation gets better but still there are many things to improve. I hope aaappp (Association against abuse of power by police) would be a solution.

·
Super Moderator
5,339 Posts
When I was a kid, we had real respect for the police. If a copper told you off for not having a front light on your push bike, you worried about it for weeks - so true!!!
Police should focus more on their duties. Every day you see news about corruption, abuse of power by police. The situation gets better but still there are many things to improve. I hope aaappp (Association against abuse of power by police) would be a solution.
What was in the news yesterday about abuse of police powers and corruption? Likewise what was in today’s news? Or are you just feeding off anti police reports that get are created without the full facts? As I previously mentioned a 20 second video clip which everyone bases their judgment on however don’t have the facts of what happened leading up to the point of that clip.
I find it interesting that you have joined the forum 2 hrs ago and drag up an old thread from 2015.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.