VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've bought the AA van, had it colour-coded, lowered it, put some nice alloys on it so now it's time to try and make it all one colour (as opposed to the 3 or 4 different shades of yellow it is at the moment due to sun bleaching)

Has anybody had any success with particular makes of polish? (I could just go ahead and T-cut the whole thing but I thought I'd tap in to the deep well of wisdom & experience that is this forum before I make a start :) )

·
Registered
649 Posts
I used Farcla G3 compound and then Autoglym resin polish. I bought an electric "mop" to apply it, (Machine Mart do a cheapish one). Well worth the money if you like a shiny van.

Make sure you use plenty of water though with both G3 and polish. Keep spraying water on it as you go.

Smokey.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I have used and been happy with the results of meguiars products.
For what you are trying to achieve it will mean going over the van 3 times
1. Paint cleaner
2. Polish
3. Wax

Each process is a liquid, put on with a cloth, let it dry and buff off with cloth.

A long days work with a van due to the amount of paint to be covered, but polish and its results is down to the individual

·
Registered
498 Posts
As 2 above, G3 is awesome stuff used by the pro's... Like T-cut but better

Autoglym Super resin polish is also good, and not hard to apply...

:ILU:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have used and been happy with the results of meguiars products.
For what you are trying to achieve it will mean going over the van 3 times
1. Paint cleaner
2. Polish
3. Wax

Each process is a liquid, put on with a cloth, let it dry and buff off with cloth.

A long days work with a van due to the amount of paint to be covered, but polish and its results is down to the individual
As above with the Megs paint cleaner and polish. I use a orbital polisher and finish off with a coat of Collinite super double coat wax.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Yup I rate Meguires stuff, except the plastic trim stuff-looks great but doesn't last long.

·
Registered
32 Posts
As Smokey says use G3 cutting compound with a mop so much better than T cut .i use it every day on cars to remove quite deep scrathes ,just watch out for sharp swage lines as you can mop through edges

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
i must say iv always used auto glym products as they have always done a good job but to go one step further you want to clay block your van first the polish it for the best finish T:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Used most of it over the years, but found Farecla to get the best results for me for paint / surface restoration.

Wash, mask off rubber, trim, plastic etc, G3 with mop + water, wipe down, G10 with mop, wipe down, wash again and seal paint.

To seal paint again for deepest shine I use Zymol or Swissvax with a decent Carnauba wax content, put on with your hands.
But for most stuff Wax Top or the in the pot type Turtlewax original your dad used to use! with a wet cloth does the job. Whack it on :jiggy, go and do something more interesting instead. T:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts