VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've learnt the hard way- a cash spray job that was the first time, and then when it was sent back to be put right- its still ! Anyhow gotta live with it for now but was hoping that someone could help me sort out a few problem areas.

Around the handles- they didn't remove them- there will be some peeling/ flaking- can I clear laquer over it to strengthen it just so it will last longer..???

All ideas welcome

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
No other way other than to sand it back and redo.
flaking around handles is where they havn't flatted the old paint back properly in these areas (so the new paint has no key to adhere to)
Painting is the easy part, it's the prep and making sure every nook and cranny is flatted back to give a good key that takes the time.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Painting is the easy part, it's the prep and making sure every nook and cranny is flatted back to give a good key that takes the time.
Completely agree with this. Look at my build thread to see the prep work being done prior to painting my van. We are on week 4 of preparation (not quite working on it full time) and only just ready to de-grease the van and start applying primer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought as much - I will check out and see if there is a thread to follow and see if it possible I could do it.

I won't name and slate but will ask if anyone can recommend a sprayers around Brighton that would be able to help me out?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts