VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
You get straps on a reimo roof!!! Gees!! thats shocked me.. Ive heard someone use those clamps and their roof popped at 65mph! I want something better than straps for my roof too though. Market there for someone..

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
Like other posters l hate the straps on my Reimo pop top, fancy fitting something like these,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JJC-Rubber-Boot-Bonnet-Panel-Hook-Fastner-Kit-Large-Catch-Strap-Holder-Pair-/371117101882?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Other_Vehicle_Parts_Accessories_ET&hash=item56684d933a
Has anyone fitted these to a pop top, would be quick to fasten too.

and really quick to undoe. :eek:

may be ok on a side opening poptop where the airflow over the roof is not trying to lift the roof, but would not use on a front opening poptop.

you need somthing that can offer infinite tension adjustment / wont back off as the body/roof flexes and release.
Straps (if a decent gauge) offer tension adjust / simplicity and also hold the roof part way down whenclosing the roof allowing you to fold the canvas away neatly (ie not trap it in the hinges)..

Also when its windy and erect;) you can tension the roof against the gas rams and increase the rigidity of the roof / take some load off the canvas.
Straps T:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts