VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Please let me know if this is in the wrong place, I couldn’t find anywhere else this would fit in.

Im in the process of coming up with a quick and simple alternative to the tie down straps used in some pop tops.

Long story short, I don’t have a VW (I’ve got an MK7 transit camper, dunno if I’m allowed to mention that here), but a friend of mine was complaining about what a pain it is to undo and ‘rethread’ the straps every time you use the roof. I’ve come up with a solution which can be tightened or undone in about 5 seconds.

I think it will fit most vans/pop tops with no modification to the van but having only seen the inside of his van I’d like to know if all pop tops are the same?

I was hoping some of you on here would be willing to spare 5 minutes to answer a few questions:

What van have you got?

What brand is your pop top?

Does your pop top tie down with straps and if so, how close are the two strapping ‘loops’ when the roof is shut?
(For reference the one I’ve measured is 70mm)

Do you use the straps to pull your roof down or do you have handles?

Thanks,
Stephen

·
Registered
130 Posts
What van have you got?
VW T5.1 Caravelle
What brand is your pop top?
Reimo
Does your pop top tie down with straps and if so, how close are the two strapping ‘loops’ when the roof is shut?
(For reference the one I’ve measured is 70mm)
Yes and quite close. The strap is tied on with a plastic tie to make it so much easier to pull tight
Do you use the straps to pull your roof down or do you have handles?
Handles.

Also This thread might help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much for answering my questions Andy, I’ve looked at a few different threads regarding the issue but most seem to be DIY jobs, I’m unaware of a cheap and universal alternative to threading the straps every time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts