VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right im in the market for 2 pop tops for me vans ,
i would like some people to put pics up of theres and whos fitted it and what make ,
so come on traders and privateers show me what you got and you can do , T:

·
Registered
112 Posts
heres mine austops roof fitted by austops been fitted about 2 months and im well pleased with it

they also did the colour coding on the bumpers mirrors as well

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
It's a mine field! I'm looking at the moment everyone is bias one way. Lol depending on what they have or what they fit from my reading so far,

I'd like to see more WIP fitting pics to see how they go on and some close up pics of the insides if peoria have any!

Also who makes the California ones? Doe thy only supply to Vw?

Sorry for the thread hijack but I'm after the same answers!! Lol

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Are the SCA's ali rather than Fibreglass? Whats the price like on them!? I assume the power up and down is a massive expense...?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts

Austop

Very pleased with the whole product.

I also have the roof bed as well and that transforms the van into 4 berth + a small child 5 berth ( front seat area )

had it up to 70mph + and no wind noise.

Leak proof looking round the van, Good materials used. Fitted well. Price point just right not too expensive but not the cheapest.

We have a LWB so I wanted it hinged at the back for a top box, Austop made mine stronger for a top box £100 more. Thicker basicly.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for pics everyone , keep them coming T:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Here's my Reimo -

interior views are tricky to photo -

Roof down -

Fitted over 10years ago, by now retired company, so no help there sorry :*

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice pics everyone ,
would love to see how they look from the front aswell .T:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just seen this one , dont know whos it is though ?

·
Registered
123 Posts
We only fit reimo,firtly because the quailty is second to none,secondly they are crash tested,if you want to see one in the flesh we have two T5s in at the moment and you are more than welcome to come over and have a look, i can also take as many pics as you want and post them up just let me know what you want to see

Thanks Lee

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Lee, have you had any experience with the SCA tops? They must be crash tested if VW use them?

I am pretty sure SCA and Reimo are the only Type approved roof systems available.
I am sure there are some other worthy roofs out there, but at present I am happy to pay an extra £1000 for a Reimo roof. We are currently doing some work for a customer who had another roof fitted by someone else. He has had nothing but problems with the quality and fit of the roof. I know reimo roofs are not perfect, and if I were to make one there would be a few design features I would change....but compared to the others I have seen they are miles better, and even a £1000 saving wouldnt persuade me to change brands.
The SCA roof is solid and well made, but personally I dont like the front pod, so I tend to steer towards Reimo.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
These are Reimos from the Reimo importers stock vehicles. I've just brought a poptoproofs.co.uk one and will be fitting it in the next few weeksT:

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
These are Reimos from the Reimo importers stock vehicles. I've just brought a poptoproofs.co.uk one and will be fitting it in the next few weeksT:

The last photo isnt a Reimo....so obviously other makers have copied the Reimo Bed as well.
I dont have a problem when people copy something....but please try and improve it a bit, not skimp here and there. Sorry if I sound like I'm having a rant, but I just get fed up of people producing rubbish. If your going to copy something that is pretty good (but not perfect), then at least introduce a few improvements rather than defects:*.

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Any opinions on the reimo rubber strip/ front lip Ed?
I dont have a problem with it. On a Reimo roof it usually sits within a few mm of the windscreen, and the roof nestles up close behind it. It has good quality adhesive and if you clean the roof and warm it up, it wont come off. The copies I have seen, seem to have various spacing of the strip, some even on the glass:*, and the adhesive doesnt seem as strong as I have seen a few hanging off.
It is there to divert the wind over the roof. On a good fitting tightly strapped Reimo it is neccessary, on a poor fitting poorly strapped down copy I would think it is essential - and if it comes off and you have a poor fitting roof then you may wave it goodbye on the motorway.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts