VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, sorry about all the pop top questions but I am finally getting there. Just doing the finishing trimming and I need to get hold of some trim to fit along the front edge where the headling is cut, can anyone point me in the right direction as I've searched eBay etc and can't find anything suitable:*

Thanks

Jay

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Dont you get anything with the kit? I have just done an interior refit on one, and the finish was a bit S***, but I assumed that was due the original installer. I wasnt happy with a sharp aluminium angle, so I bent and carpeted a section of plasctic trunking. I will try and dig out some photos.
You could probably get hold of the trim Reimo use, but to be honest, for a few £, the trunking gave a nice neat finish.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool - you don't get any trim with the kit - not sure if youi do with the Reimo either:*

I was gonna use alu angle but didn't think it would look good but will be ok if I carpet it, didn't think of thatT:

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
You get a 2 piece trim with a reimo. Plastic to be screwed into place, then a rubber trim that grips over the plastic. It could be improved, but does work OK. More imprtantly, its a soft edge so if your ducking into the cab, you wont scalp yourself like you will with an aluminium angle edge. Even carpeted that would be very hard.
I think the conduit / trunking was about 40mm. You can probably buy it in b&q - just ditch the flat cover, slit the corners and bend to shape with a bit of heat. I glued bits of spare plastic over the cut corners to add some strength before covering it in carpet. Due to the shape of the conduit, it almost clamps itself on.

·
Custom Vans
1,179 Posts
You won't get much joy trying to buy the Reimo trim from UK Reimo importers unless you can prove it's for a Reimo roof.

The profile is exactly the same as the PVC capping you see on handrails and if you search for handlaufprofil hellgrau you will find the Reimo product Handlauf means handrail in German. I have bought it form Germany before in 4m lengths.

The only thing available in the UK is a more rigid product which could work but it does require heat to make it workable, I've experimented with samples but have yet to try a complete length. It does come is lots of colours but the down side is you will need to buy a 25m roll of it :eek: http://www.dcplastics.co.uk/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts