VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just wondering if anyone in the Aberdeenshire area has a swb T4 or T5 with a poptop roof that they wouldn't mind showing me? I'm considering an Austop roof from a camper convertor up in Inverness but I haven't had a chance to see one up close. I've read a few threads on the forum and I'm trying to decide whether to go for the scissors or fixed hinge.
I Would like to know if there is enough room to sleep an adult with the fixed hinge comfortably? Can a board be fitted over the entry gap to give some extra length? I am 5'10 if that helps.
Any advice would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Neil at happy highland campers is a good chap and recommended. I've had the fixed hinge and the new scissor ones on my austop roof and there's plenty of room for an adult with the former. I've found the scissor hinge has the potential to snip the canvas if not put down correctly. This has happened on both my rental campers with scissor hinges.

Sorry I can't help with the viewing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have a T5 recently converted....to a day van....... whatever you do don't get Inveness Campervans in Nairn. !!

I've just had a bitter and expensive experience with said ..............

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was in Clark Commercials picking up parts for my van, the have a California in there that they rent out and another converted van for sale could be worth a poke around. T:

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers guys, I've got the van booked in with Neil up in Inverness in May for some basic conversion work and hopefully i'll get a proper look at some roofs in the next few months before taking the plunge T:
I was not aware there were any converters in Nairn- what happened??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts