VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What's people thoughts and experiences of these?

Pics be good.

I'm not a lover of the look and fancy a reimo but massive difference in price and you do see a lot of these , so are they any good??

Look forward to your opinions

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sorry it's me again but you can't be to careful where your roof is concerned it is a false econonomy and can cost you your life. :eek:

And before everybody goes ballistic I am not saying all cheap roofs are dangerous ;)

Just be very very careful who fits them and don't forget I am talking from experience. T:T:

·
Registered
56 Posts
No it was a replica I think, we were conned.:(

But what I do know it is the fitting that's the most important thing which ever roof you go with

If you want to see what I'm talking about just check out my threads if you search for, has anyone dealt with DEVON CAMPER CONVERSIONS I start on page 6 and the link to the second thread is on page 11 it is quite a saga but it definitely makes for good reading,

I hope this helps ;)

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
I have just had a poptopuk roof fitted this week (well half fitted really as I am finishing it off). All looks ok so far and to be honest it is pretty much identicle to a reimo. I opted for their new higher lifting model. PM me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I've had a poptopuk on for a year and no problems. Very happy with it. If I could have afforded a Reimo or SCA I would have probably gone with one of those but I had to be realistic with my budget and age of the van etc as it's a very big price difference.

I wanted roof bars and my fitter, T4Transformations, arranged with poptopuk to get this sorted with strengthening points so there was no warranty issue.

Most of the time, issues are caused by how they have been fitted. Even a badly fitted Reimo can see your money down the drain. I know there's a recent post on here somewhere by someone who is not happy with his dealings with poptopuk. I don't know the details of both sides of the story so can't comment.

Whichever way you go, just make sure you get a good fitter. Good luck.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Can recommend van haus, not had a roof from there but Adam has done all our windows, insulating, carpeting etc and done a great job. We visited him prior to getting our work done and saw a number of vans having pop tops, his own also has one and they did look good, we visited him after seeing and hearing good things. I would go and take a look and have a chat, always good to take a look before making any firm plans.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Vanhaus did mine this week and tis true, Adam is a top chap. Also very good price!

PM me if you want more details of the deal I got.

I actually stuck around and watched him to my van. Cant say what will happen in the future but he did a good job as far as I can tell!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had a poptopuk on for a year and no problems. Very happy with it. If I could have afforded a Reimo or SCA I would have probably gone with one of those but I had to be realistic with my budget and age of the van etc as it's a very big price difference.

I wanted roof bars and my fitter, T4Transformations, arranged with poptopuk to get this sorted with strengthening points so there was no warranty issue.

Most of the time, issues are caused by how they have been fitted. Even a badly fitted Reimo can see your money down the drain. I know there's a recent post on here somewhere by someone who is not happy with his dealings with poptopuk. I don't know the details of both sides of the story so can't comment.

Whichever way you go, just make sure you get a good fitter. Good luck.
I know this is a really old post, but I’m hoping for a roof system for my poptopuk roof. Didn’t know you couldn’t put bars on these before I had it fitted. Would be sooooooo grateful for news of a fitter as I couldn’t get anywhere with the company! 🤞🏻

1 - 12 of 12 Posts