VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it doesn't look much but if anyone is looking for a compact burner then I can't recommend this highly enough. It is just so powerful for its size and takes strong wind in its stride. I took a punt a year ago based on the reviews, it beats those burners that screw straight onto the gas canisters hands down in performance and stability.
http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/folding-stove-p153190&Pg=2

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mate

I ve had one of these for sometime now and used regularly. Good piece of kit for the price and has lasted. Its more stable when loaded with kettles pans etc than most of its rivals. recommended.

·
Registered
449 Posts
have a similar one of these in my fishing bag/kit for two/three years now and still works even when left out in rain,
so a thumbs up by meT:

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed cocoa, didn't mean as a van stove. Just find it's really handy to whip out for a quick cuppa, picnic etc...
Used a near identical stove to the one you recommend for years back when I used to tent. Incredible value, still got it somewhere as I've got such fond memories of it :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
We use a Coleman duel fuel stove, so no need for gas bottles! It can run off unleaded, but you are better using Aspen fuel normally used for chainsaws and the like. Really good quality, built in windbreak and 2 high powered rings. Love it!

·
Registered
485 Posts
We use a Coleman duel fuel stove, so no need for gas bottles! It can run off unleaded, but you are better using Aspen fuel normally used for chainsaws and the like. Really good quality, built in windbreak and 2 high powered rings. Love it!
I have a small coleman I use as well as the built in cooker in the van, plastic bottle of unleaded lasts for ages, no idea about aspen fuel, but coleman sell their own fuel which I think is based off aircraft naptha fuel or similar. If I'm frying stuff I'll tend to use it instead of getting fumes and splattered fat all over the van, added bonus is that I can run my gas bottle to completely empty and have a backup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts