VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My central locking seems to be doing something I would deem incorrect and might be 2 separate issues.

First issue:

When I lock my van using the key fob all the doors lock as they should. When I press it again to (as I understand it) disable the dead locks the passenger door unlocks. Also when I press the unlock button once the passenger door unlocks too. I thought just the drivers door was supposed to unlock on one press?

Second issue:

Sometimes when I unlock the van fully the sliding door doesn't unlock and will take a few presses before finally unlocking.

Anybody offer any help?
Ta

·
Registered
2004 T5 2.5 174
2,298 Posts
The first issue is a definite fault. All doors should remain locked on the second press, but you should be able to open them from the inside with two pulls of the interior handle because they will be only single locked. The same thing used to happen with rear doors unlocking on the second press. This was a known security issue and VW were fixing it free regardless of age. So it's well worth contacting your dealer.

Re the unlocking- That isn't a fault it's an option. You can choose to have all doors unlocking with a single press or choose selective locking ie only drivers door unlocks with a single press- two presses to open all of the doors. This has to be altered by the dealer or anyone with VCDS diagnostics.

Re the sliding door not unlocking sometimes.- It's probably a fault with the sliding door lock itself but it is perfectly possible for the wiring or convenience unit under the drivers seat to cause the same fault.

You should state the year/model of your van because there are dozens of variations. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts