VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our bus is going whatever state the conversion is in. My 5 year old is adamant (not Adam Ant).
It's our second time but first taking a bus.
Is anyone else going????
I've read into a bit of what went on at Blackpool Breeze regarding scallys robbing tents so I'm keen to avoid this at all costs at Glasto.

As always there's safety in numbers so I was wondering if any more T4's or 5's are interested in meeting up prior to it and having a convoy to the site. Ill fetch the cider:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:jmpg:cheers:cheers:cheers

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
am one of the folk who got robbed at blackpool :( wont put me off going to shows tho,not sure about safety in numbers,we were all packed in like sardines and the lowlife still got in about us :* just go easy on the cider and keep your whits about you'll be fine,i never done that and got caught out :(

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
did'nt say dont get drunk,drunk's good,steaming drunk's fine,falling down drunk's ok, BUT unconscious drunk is not a good idea LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yeah hopefully, haven,t got tickets yet, ( tho we did get thru to payment screen and entered credit card to pay for 6 deposits and it told us u can't pay by credit card, so entered debit card number and then it said page had timed out! When we got back thru to payment screen again it said there was an ongoing transaction on our registration number and naffed us off)
So.... We will try again when they go on resale . We have been three times and never had any probs but our group did get robbed at a bsb meet at oulton park a few years back.... And yes we where very slightly inebriated lol
Best Ning about taking the van to Glasto is you can get I at midday on Tuesday instead of the mass crush on we'd morning!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Best Ning about taking the van to Glasto is you can get I at midday on Tuesday instead of the mass crush on we'd morning!
Never knew this. Massive bonus:ILU::ILU:

Good luck in the resale then:gl:gl.
One of the best music festivals for taking your bus is Solfest in cumbria and its only £100. Check it out.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Will check it out. That's how we came to buy our van, coz we didn't get the tickets! Our friends have type 2's and have been nagging us for ages. We normally pay extra for offsite camping (tangerine fields , highly recommended) but it costs us about an extra 600 . Coz we do a few festivals it will pay for itself!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
am one of the folk who got robbed at blackpool :( wont put me off going to shows tho,not sure about safety in numbers,we were all packed in like sardines and the lowlife still got in about us :* just go easy on the cider and keep your whits about you'll be fine,i never done that and got caught out :(

is there a thread on this mate,thats a bit rough that

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some folk don't give a rats ass about the aftermath they leave behind. I'd love to catch someone going through my bus/tent.

So is anyone else Glastonbury bound?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Going glastonbury 2013 and go most years. I have never had any probs but might just have been lucky. Like you said safety in numbers.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Never knew this. Massive bonus:ILU::ILU:

Good luck in the resale then:gl:gl.
One of the best music festivals for taking your bus is Solfest in cumbria and its only £100. Check it out.
Just had a look, looks really good and a lot cheaper than the big festivals. Going to look out for when they release tickets for next year! Excellent link, thanks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ive been to glastonbury '09 '10 & '11 and always camped in tents (im new to having a t4 lol) Never ever had any problems there....its always so chilled out an the people even now are there just to have a good tiem and get drunk lol... Never heard of anyone being robbed etc unlike many festivals (V fest etc)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just had a look, looks really good and a lot cheaper than the big festivals. Going to look out for when they release tickets for next year! Excellent link, thanks!
Solfest is great. We go to lots of festivals and its up there with the best. Maybe not for the music (not many commercial bands there as its the same weekend as reading and Leeds but never the less the music is ace) but its defo one of the friendliest. Anything goes too. Everyone can camp with their car or bus so no camper tickets requiredT:T:

No drink restrictions, you can take your own drink anywhere in the festival like Glasto which keeps the cost downA::cheers:cheersA:All food is reasonably priced too. It's not a money making festival it just makes enough to cover the cost. You can have camp fires too which if your a child at heart like me is always a bonus:ILU:

Dance tents go on until 6am. Security and stewards constantly patrolling the campsites too.

I sound like I work for them now.

Get some really cool busses there too.

Everyone should go once.

4days for £100? Cheap as chips

http://www.solfest.org.uk/

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ive been to glastonbury '09 '10 & '11 and always camped in tents (im new to having a t4 lol) Never ever had any problems there....its always so chilled out an the people even now are there just to have a good tiem and get drunk lol... Never heard of anyone being robbed etc unlike many festivals (V fest etc)
We were in a tent in 2010. Lost 4 stone with the heat I think. Epic year. As for V festival. The less said the better. Bad in every way

·
Registered
63 Posts
We were in a tent in 2010. Lost 4 stone with the heat I think. Epic year. As for V festival. The less said the better. Bad in every way

i know...i had 2 days of extreme hangover lolm in that heat it was unbearable lmao. Ive never been V, but family and mates have just seems like a massive chav fest to me, also not rele my kind of music.. I go to glasto fore the dance music mainly, and block 9 and shanghrila :D

1 - 20 of 197 Posts