VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just seen this on ebay, mileage seems a tad high, but is it worth what the seller is asking for it. Probably going to try and see it at the weekend.

Cheeras in advansa

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ps the ebay no is 270441598188 thought this number may help. Had to do it this way as i don't know how to paste a link

Cheeras in advansa

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

The van looks ok mate all beit a bit cosmeticly challenged, a nice little project with some funds in hand to make it the way you want it especially if you can get it a bit less. Check for head gasket problems with any contamination in the oil and water and if the history is sketchy get the water pump, cambelt and all the stretch bolts replaced asap. At least then you can be sure the engine is solid and you can set about the rest.

Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Van seems to run sweet enough, with only a very little puff of smoke on start up. The rust is only surface as far as i can see. Seats do need a clean though. I offered the guy £650.
He said that was the very lowest he would take for it, still thinking about it. Any more ideas folks.

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
End of the day it is what it is mate. £650 van = £650 van! Its bound to need lots doing but you will learn so much doing it. Go for it T:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers:)mate for the reply, i think i've made up my mind and am GOING FOR IT.
Actually, it seems to be a solid enough van, and I still think it a cheap van. Mileage doesn't worry me, would rather know the nmileage than find a clocked one

T:T:T:T:T:T::D:D:D

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
Mate mines done loads but its mine so who cares. At least i know where its been and lets face it that somebody had kept it going to reach that. Atb mate T:

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
ANY T4 is worth £500 at least, they break for at least that, so for £650 go for it! But looks like a bit of work there mate!!!

GO FOR IT!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bad news boys, wife won't let me have the cash:* Sez it would be better used to but her a new car. :confused:Will have to pass on this one this time, oh well, there will no doubt be another van sometime

·
T4 Custom trailer maker
1,916 Posts
If I had the money I wouild buy at its a cheap van. Like said it would break for that.

Shame :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The owner just called me back, and said the van is now open to offers. What should i reaslistically offer him?
Any ideasa

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
The owner just called me back, and said the van is now open to offers. What should i reaslistically offer him?
Any ideasa
it still wouldnt matter as you will just embarass your self by saying to him i will give you £375-and if he accepts you reply i will just go and ask the wife I:your wife wont give it to you anyway :D

to be honest if i did have a wife and had to ask her for money i wouldnt print it on here LOL:
best of luck either way T:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts