VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mate of mine posted on his F/B this morning ....You get a message saying they have deducted £33 for Skype account , then if you click on ...dispute , it opens up a false box , allowing scammers access to the account ...!! I dont use PP , but thought I,d pass it on ..

·
Registered
564 Posts
i have had one of those mate but i thought for a minute i dont use skype, and just binned it dont open it just bin it because they cant take the money, just from your acount as they must invoice you and then you sent it so don,t do it

·
Registered
564 Posts
i have had one of those mate but i thought for a minute i dont use skype, and just binned it dont open it just bin it because they cant take the money, just from your acount as they must invoice you and then you sent it so don,t do it
anyway skype to skype dont cost you anything its free

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know its free , etc , Just passing on what I saw ... apparently it asks for E-mail , and password .. if yr sucked in .. then account gets hacked , As I say ..just passing it on ....

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've had those, deleted straight away. Usually if you look at the email address its usually an odd one. I've had quite a few saying i've got funds in my LLOYDS bank.. Don't use lloyds..

·
Registered
508 Posts
If you go onto paypals website the have a linked inbox where you can forward any suspicious mail, as a regular user of paypal, I forward any phishing emails posing as PP straight to them

·
Registered
353 Posts
There's an Amazon one saying you have earned a £50 voucher too, got one the other day appears quite genuine at first,. Always sceptical of anything like this but thought to myself, is any company (esp an American one) going to give this amount of profit away? errr no.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I had one from someone trying to be "EBAY" saying my account was frozen because I haven't paid the outstanding balance of £2.76 which was correct amount owning on my account
Makes me wonder if it's an inside job, someone selling information,
I didn't answer it but went a different route to eBay and said is this correct as I have an automatic account set up ? Took ages for them to send an automated reply telling me to look up about phishing emails, really helpfully not

1 - 11 of 11 Posts