VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

261 - 280 of 300 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Folks, In order to assist the forum and for you to be able to be able to see how far your vans has progressed: please post up pictures of your van in it's original condition.

Give us an all round tour of the van in pictures: front, sides, rear.

It will give you something to look back on and help us produce guides and articles for the forum.
Just started work on my van yesterday . Here she is :) .

·
Registered
96 Posts

Heres mine a 1996 swb 2.4 , needs the bodywork tidying up and the oil cooler replacing but other than that it was a cheap van and is still mot'd :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here is first T4, a red 1.9TD 800 Special, I hope to be making a start on the interior this weekend. Heading out to Central France from North Lancs in it in a few weeks time so a lot of work to be done in not a lot of time :)

·
Registered
945 Posts
^^^ wow! Look after it, the early ones will hit true classic status sooner than the late t4s (and be worth more as they get rarer!) Looks very clean T:

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
Newbie - New to this so bare with me. Heres my new T4. Brought it last Saturday.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]
Welcome

And well done on your purchase. That takes me back, had a blue one at around the same time. Examples like that will creep up in value as time moves on.

Enjoy T:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here's my T4 as I bought it back in October 2015:

She's a 2002 1.9 TD

The steering wheel cover, rear window vinyl, and lining in the rear have all gone straight away!

Thinking I will sell the alloys and run steels for the winter whilst I get the rest of her ready, then hopefully I'll get some new alloys that will suit what she is going to look like next summer. :cool:

·
Registered
83 Posts
How it was when I picked it up.

Now has Audi A8 wheels carpet in the back and a much tidy dash and door cards!!
Still a lot of tidying up to do though!

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Hi guys,

Well here's my first post. I feel guilty I can't contribute more as the site has been so amazing for sorting out my van. Thank you. Here is my van as we first got hold of it, 5 years ago now! It was converted inside really but had some very early Amdro units that were removable and formed a narrow double bed.

The van is now a windsurfing mission van with a few trips to France under its wheel arches and some family camping too. Significant upgrades include a leisure battery with split charger and mains hookup, cruise control upgrade, tarted up rusty wheel arches and shiny paint job and chunky wheels. I like the chunky high up look as going over bumby fields and maybe beach tracks I want ground clearance. I've carpet lined and now go the inside setup with a folding seat and fixed bed.

I've fitted an awning rail which can hook up to our tent. In reality I reckon the drive away awning tent isn't for me. Its fine to drive the van away, but the reality of driving back and lining up the van to the tent is major hassle. Especially if the ground gets muddy and you need to level the van on wedges. Fine if you are staying put but a lot of hassle to go in and out. We tend now to fill the van with camping kit then setup camp and just use the van as a standalone bedroom. No cooking or eating stuff in the van, this is setup in the tent. The pop top is good, but our two boys are too pickely to both sleep up there so one migrates down to our super king sized bed. We've got a plywood deck with storage underneath. For ultimate comfort I've found a double self inflating matress and single on top gives a good night sleep. I did have a nice swivel captain passenger seat and door pocket, but 3rd child means we've had to put the bench seat back in up front. Enough rambling for first post, sorry!

261 - 280 of 300 Posts