VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

281 - 299 of 299 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Third van, First Van to do myself!!

New Bus!! with prison like bars across the back window and old school roof rack i think i love her already!! but at £1500 is she going to love me back!!!:*:ILU:

·
Registered
70 Posts
The adventure begins here... So happy driving this home last week after so many months searching for something decent.
First time owner but absolutely love the van so far.
First job..... Get rid of some of those flowers T:T:T: and maybe ditch the bonnet bra.

·
Registered
30 Posts
So this is my very first Van. It's a 1995 T4 and I love it. I've never played around with cars before or fitted anything out apart from my mums car aerial when I was about 14 and fitting a few car stereo's to my beat up old cars over the years.

I picked her up a week on Wednesday. Run's brilliantly (as far as I can tell). All that I've done to her is take our the back seats temporarily as we headed down to Portsmouth on Bank Holiday weekend and thought we might not have anywhere to stay. Our camp bed fits in a treat.

At first glance it looks like she is in good nick and just needs fitting out however there is a lot of work I want to do to her. She has not been insulated (apart from a shoddy job on the roof). So as a van she will stay until I get some more money in and then I'm going to strip her bare, sound proof, insulate and wire her up sticking up full panel boards and carpet her. 3/4 Rock n roll bed in the back with some units. Power I'd like 2 leisure batteries, split charger, solar charger and not sure if to hard wire in a hook up connector or just use an extension cord thingy as can't see me using it too much. I was going to change the passenger seat to a double, but when it was raining last week I loved being able to slip through into the back to get my coat on and sort out my bag etc. I want to tidy up the cab area too, Fresh sprayed dash and panels, Going to try and fit a double din head unit so I can get apple carplay, fabricate a new facia cover for the central console to tidy all the gaps up and maybe look at making something that will make use of the space under the centre console. Blue Tooth and digital installed and then look to see if electric windows and central locking is a possibility or too much of a head ache.

Anyway here she is... Gwen!

Link to Flickr Gallery

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all new to this just got myself a m plate 2.4 diesel long wheel base. Has had 2 smoked side windows fitted, set of Audi A8 5 spokes alloys,stainless side bars , full allcantara headliner with led spots and a mounty wooden steering wheel the paint work is more colours than the rainbow but panels are pretty good and straight T:.
Planning to do good things i.e. Rock and roll bed cabinet/wardrobe with stove cooker and swivel seats !!!!!.
So will keep you posted

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
281 - 299 of 299 Posts