VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a quote to powder coat my wheels in graphite grey.

£354 all in?

Is that about right, i can new wheels for that.. Didn't realise it costs this much

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I got mine done, admittedly a cash deal through a mate, but it was under £100. Even allowing for non mates rates, I'd say thats nearly double what it should be.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Hi!

I posted a similar issue before X-Mas
I was quoted a similar price, allthough I was informed that it defends on steel or alloy and Size
I was quoted 300 Eu for 4 Steelies 16" in a non-metallic paint
Add +50 for alloy
This was an official quote & I had problems sitting still while holding the phoneI:

Then again, having "spcial needs & high end tast" has newer come cheapA:

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Should be about £30 a wheel unless there seriously kerbed. If you do the prep and let them do the finish it'll be cheaper for youT:

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Pezza; Sure You are right, anything you could do yourself will save off the top payment.
However there is a signicicant difference it the quotes.
I do believe we see the same if you take your ca to ie 5 different panel shops & get a quote.
I general a iteresteing topic as far as prices goA:

·
Registered
558 Posts
my steelies where £80 blasted and powder coated satin black

wheel works nottm....:)

·
previously known as: first t4
597 Posts
Just got a quote to powder coat my wheels in graphite grey.

£354 all in?

Is that about right, i can new wheels for that.. Didn't realise it costs this much
you get them clean and i should be able to get them coated for around £80 for you pm me ifyour interestedT:

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
There's a place in caerphilly who offered to do my audi alloys for £150 but i just had them blasted for £80 and sprayed them myself.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts