VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I recently installed a multifunction steering wheel to my 2015 T5.1 this has been wired in but yet to be enabled via VCDS.
Since then I have noticed I cannot fold my mirrors down as usual with the knob on the drivers door card also I cannot operate the passenger window from the drive side.
The drives window switch works fine and so dose the passengers window from the passengers side.
All switches illuminate but the one touch option to open, close the windows dose not work.

the battery was disconnected for a while when the steering wheel was installed so not sure if that would cause this issue?

·
140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
2,332 Posts
Whenever the battery is disconnected you lose the one touch operation, you need to reset it by opening the drivers window & then close it keeping the switch held up for a few seconds once it's shut. You may also have to do it for the passenger window but that doesn't have one touch from the passenger door switch anyway just the drivers side switch. That may or may not solve the other window operation, if not I'd try disconnecting the battery again for a few minutes. The mirror powerfold I'm afraid I can't help you with, perhaps that needs resetting in some way?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for quick reply!
I have tried the reset for the windows but when closing the window it jumps up about an inch from the bottom then stops I then have to pull the switch again close all the way. I think this is stopping the one touch being reset maybe?

·
140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
2,332 Posts
It sounds like the window is tight near the bottom, you've possibly not opened it fully since it was last warm enough months ago! Try helping it on the way up perhaps?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts