VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2.5tdi ACV on an 03 plate. It's done 190k. Runs like a dream most of the time but very rarely, and normally going up hill, I lose power at 3000-3200rpm. Not so much that I have to stop but enough that the van just stops accelerating and hold a steady pace.
I'm thinking a sticky injector, but anyone else had anything similar or any words of advice. I'm having the cambelt and water pump done on Friday if that helps with the advice.
Ta muchly peeps

·
Registered
209 Posts
Maybe sticky actautor arm?? Seems to happen a bit my mates had same few weeks back! Sticks open so u get boost leak? Just a stab in the dark to be fair I:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Had the same with my 2.5 AJT, it was over boosting turbo because my waste gate was shut.
adjusted it and she now accelerates uphill.
Check the vac hose to the actuator first
then make sure your N75 is functioning ok
if both are ok check the waste gate isn't sticking.
VAGCOM or VCDS is always handy too

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
My money would be on the n75, injectors and turbo are working ok because it's intermittent. Guess the wastegate/actuator might be sticking, but they're usually pretty reliable.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Had exactly this recently on my AJT. Replaced all the vac hoses I could and it runs lovely now. Could be a fairly cheap easy solution, or at least something to try before more serious/expensive things.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think the vac hoses is a good place to start. I must say the vac hose on the wastegate actuator is a bit soft.

Will check that ons first.
:cool:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Vac hose is £12 for like 3mts down at vw got some myself
I'm not keen on the fabric covered VW stuff, can't see any problems underneath. The kit I got is HERE
Lots of different sizes + clips + zipties. only used half of it as I'm not sure what the biggest stuff was for. They do different colours too, but my van's blue.

·
Pendle Performance Main Agent
1,135 Posts
Hi, I have a 2.5tdi ACV on an 03 plate. It's done 190k. Runs like a dream most of the time but very rarely, and normally going up hill, I lose power at 3000-3200rpm. Not so much that I have to stop but enough that the van just stops accelerating and hold a steady pace.
I'm thinking a sticky injector, but anyone else had anything similar or any words of advice. I'm having the cambelt and water pump done on Friday if that helps with the advice.
Ta muchly peeps
Not much use to you right now, but if you can get your van to us next week we would be more than happy to give it the once over, datalog it and give you some advice on possible causes, all free. T:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not much use to you right now, but if you can get your van to us next week we would be more than happy to give it the once over, datalog it and give you some advice on possible causes, all free. T:
A massive thank you for your offer. It's in getting timing belt and water pump today at mates garage. If I get no joy from him I'll pm you. I'll be visiting you soon for a Pendle remap anyway! ;-)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well after 5 hrs in the workshop yesterday it would appear that I had atleast 3 vac hoses split and a sensor out. All changed inc nice blue hoses and I now have a new van!! I am beginning to think that my turbo has never really been working in the 2 months I've had the van! I guess that saves on the wear and tear!! Lol.
Thanks for all the advice.
And a big thank you to Martin at Church Garage in Winchester for giving my van a new lease of life!!
Highly recommend this garage for anyone that's local!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry to jump in on this thread, but I think Im suffering from a similar problem.

Recently bought a 1.9tdi LWB 104bhp van. On the drive back from Portsmouth to Bournemouth I was surprised at how gutless the van felt. Struggling up any sort of mild incline (speed bleeding off)... however, my previous van was a petrol T4, so I wondered if it was just "me" not being used to the van, and the van was just a bit underpowered for motorway driving.

On getting back to town driving the van seemed nice and spritely, although with an annoying flat spot at around the 2000 rpm mark. However on my last drive back from work (again town driving) van went from spritely acceleration, to well... lack of acceleration (think foot to the floor and very slow to accelerate). Im starting to think there are issues with the turbo.

I may well be getting an engine remap further down the line, but it would be reassuring to find out if theres anything wrong first. Would that offer for free diagnostics be open to myself too TH Performance? Tomorrow (monday) would be the only day I could come over next week if thats ok. Feel a bit cheeky asking! :)

·
Pendle Performance Main Agent
1,135 Posts
Sorry to jump in on this thread, but I think Im suffering from a similar problem.
I may well be getting an engine remap further down the line, but it would be reassuring to find out if theres anything wrong first. Would that offer for free diagnostics be open to myself too TH Performance? Tomorrow (monday) would be the only day I could come over next week if thats ok. Feel a bit cheeky asking! :)

Hopefully you got home ok mate, get those pipes sorted and all will be good i'm sure. T:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I too seem to have sorted my issue!

Changed the vac hose on the wastegate actuator and she is happier.

Even the black smoke under hard acceleration is gone and seem to lighter on fuel!

Thank you van men! You guys are what make this a successful forum.A:A:A:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hopefully you got home ok mate, get those pipes sorted and all will be good i'm sure. T:
Hi Terry,

It was nice meeting you today and thanks for taking a look at my van and spotting the problem within a second of popping the bonnet.
Sadly pipe came free again on drive over to servicer. It was a bit more broken than first thought. Hopefully van will be all ok once that's Replaced. Thanks again for your help.

Martin

1 - 18 of 18 Posts