VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I drained out the power fluid from the van. and replaced it with CHF fluid for a T5 (got from hafrauds). I turn the van on and turn the steering wheel full lock in both directions a few times. But the steering makes a bit of a sort of mild screeching noise and vibrates a bit. It doesnt sound right, but the power steering is sort of working and kicing in, in spurts. Theres lots of little bubbles in the fluid resovoir almost like small froth bubbles.

Is this just air in the power steering system and you have to keep using it to flush it out (notice resoivoir has a air hole to allow air out)

Any ideas?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found this

"always use vag green powersteering fluid, drian by taking the pipe off the pump, bleed by filling up then start the engine as soon as it starts trun it off top the fluid back up and then restart and run for 30sec turn off and top up, then restart and do a couple of ful lock to lock topup. most racks take 900ml"

I guess my halfords fluid might not be best but it should work. So I suspect its more to do with air in the system. Will play around with it. Theres also a bleed bolt on my T5.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts