VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I own a 1994 2.5 lt petrol 5 cylinder caravelle ( not the most common i know )

Found out today that my engine and gearbox mounts have given way, rocking the engine onto the power steering rack and creating an un repairable hole. both the mounts and steering rack now need to be replaced.

Spoke to VW and these parts are now discontinued, how ever have found a few reconditioned steering rack on ebay, seems legit.
However there aren't any for my year/model.

One chap tells me that All power steering rack fit all t4's, can anyone else confirm this for me?

Many thanks in advance peeps :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Im currently changing my rack, I sourced mine through GSF as they offer me a very good discount via my work. One of the sales assistants said the 2.5 litre one I was after may not fit but his colleague was in the mind that all racks should fit regardless of engine fuel type or capacity as its the same van/rack/steering no matter what the engine. The only difference may be that different code replacements were listed for different years as some of the later units may have been given beefier upgraded seals/internals

hope this helps. GSF also said that I could check new rack for old at home and return it if it didn't match up.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Take a look on vagcat and compare the part numbers. I would say its quite likely that the PAS rack will fit all models, but if the part number is different (and they will evolve over the life of the vehical) its impossible to say for certain withouot trying it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts