VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Big thanks to Naz at Enigma (Powerflow) in Slough http://www.enigmatec.co.uk/ for fitting my Powerflow decat stainless steel exhaust.
System was crafted on site and really I'm pleased with the result. Turbo spins more readily and there is a noticeable improvement in performance.

·
Premium Member
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking Good Si, Did you have to evict the eastern europeans out of the Van before getting it back I:
To be honest Chris although the workshop aint posh they do know their stuff. The owner said all the mechanics had been raving about the van, which was nice and it seems to have been well looked after - thank goodness!! Cheers for the lift there by the way T:

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
To be honest Chris although the workshop aint posh they do know their stuff. The owner said all the mechanics had been raving about the van, which was nice and it seems to have been well looked after - thank goodness!! Cheers for the lift there by the way T:
No Worrys Mate that's wot im here for :D Glad it all turned out Pukka T: Still think it would look better on a T5 LOL:LOL:

·
Registered
106 Posts
How much?

I'm currently waiting for a quote from them for decat pipe, with mid and rear sections.

Currently looking at:
PPTuning for £325 + postage (about £345)
T4sRus for £277 (free post)
or anywhere for a cheap decat and steel mid-box. (Yeah, it's fallen off or I wouldn't be looking at all).

Anyone know what causes the most airflow loss? The cat or silencers? My van goes slightly better with everything missing but the cat! Don't know if it'd get better still, or be about the same with the full length of pipe but a decat!

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
How much?
Currently looking at:
PPTuning for £325 + postage (about £345)
T4sRus for £277 (free post)
or anywhere for a cheap decat and steel mid-box. (Yeah, it's fallen off or I wouldn't be looking at all).
They're all so dear!

Mine was £260 fitted, including over an hour carefully grinding back the fire ring seat on the downpipe to remove notches from the last 12 years of heat and pressure, fitting a new fire ring and an awesome side exit stainless system with a high flow cat, no silencers.

The most expensive part of a system is the cat so if you are going for decat I think your quotes are high. But then you will be paying for that fancy laser etching on the tail pipe I:

Even though a CAT isn't needed for MOT I got one fitted for emissions control, although mine is a high flow system with 200 cells per inch (instead of the factory 400 cells per inch) and it sounds and feels amazing. Instant turbo spool and a real low throaty sound.

Mine was fitted by Jeff at Pipewerx in Lancashire

http://www.pipewerx.com/

A lot of people have said a 1.9td with no silencers sounds like a tractor but I think having the CAT fitted has really softened and deepened the sound to make it pretty rad! I'll start my own thread with pics, but I definitely think you should talk with Pipewerx.

They had 2x twin engined golfs out front PLUS a twin engined caddy PLUS a sick T4 and T5 so they are all about their dubs :ILU:

·
Registered
56 Posts
T:
They're all so dear!

Mine was £260 fitted, including over an hour carefully grinding back the fire ring seat on the downpipe to remove notches from the last 12 years of heat and pressure, fitting a new fire ring and an awesome side exit stainless system with a high flow cat, no silencers.

The most expensive part of a system is the cat so if you are going for decat I think your quotes are high. But then you will be paying for that fancy laser etching on the tail pipe I:

Even though a CAT isn't needed for MOT I got one fitted for emissions control, although mine is a high flow system with 200 cells per inch (instead of the factory 400 cells per inch) and it sounds and feels amazing. Instant turbo spool and a real low throaty sound.

Mine was fitted by Jeff at Pipewerx in Lancashire

http://www.pipewerx.com/

A lot of people have said a 1.9td with no silencers sounds like a tractor but I think having the CAT fitted has really softened and deepened the sound to make it pretty rad! I'll start my own thread with pics, but I definitely think you should talk with Pipewerx.

They had 2x twin engined golfs out front PLUS a twin engined caddy PLUS a sick T4 and T5 so they are all about their dubs :ILU:
I had a side exit fitted at PP TUNING in Louth, i pulled up, handed keys over and buy the time i had drank one (very nice hot chocolate) and read a couple of pages of the latest camper van mag i was told it was all done and fitted and ready to go, £155 later and im a happy little camper.Full stainless decat and side exit, realy nice welds and quality boxs to. T:
They have them on the shelf ready to fit or ready to send out via fedex, had a quick look at there stock and boy they have some gear and doing some realy interesting things to come for t4 and t5 owners :ILU:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Lanashire's a bit far from me, I'm in southampton, but there's a Powerflow distributor in southampton!

I'm after a full length (rather than side exit) system, but decat. If yours (simplepsy) has a cat and no silencers, maybe I can get one with silencers, but no cat, for about £250 or less, fitted?

I really want to spend as little as possible on this since it's a "surprise bill", but equally I'm sure it's worth going stainless and decat in the long run as this van's a keeper. I'm not sure explaining to my wife that "buying a fancy exhaust" will save money though! My tyres are due for replacement soon too, so that might also take more explaining that it's worth getting some second hand alloys at the same time to avoid "wasting money" on tyres for the steelies! So many things to buy and so little money! :*

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just went to the Pipewerx website. Did I get the wrong end of the stick, and they're not related to Powerflow then? Says on their site "full system from £325"!?!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
We can do you a full system with decat with either twin round or meduim size oval tail pipe with silencer and brackets all ready to fit for £325 :eek:
A:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I know, I said that just up there! ^
;)

What do I get for my extra £70 on top of t4srus then? I'm not being funny, I'd just like to know what I'd get over the cheapest stainless solution I can find so far...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts