VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
If any car maker could strap some cheap magnets to the fuel line and make it 22% more efficient don't you think every car maker would have them fitted as standard? I:

·
Premium Member
6,266 Posts
A modern automotive engine has such a high combustion efficiency there's really nothing left to improve. Back in the 70s we (or our parents) all drove ropey old carbed cast iron engined cars which constantly ran rich just in the hope of getting anything to go bang at all. Today we all drive vehicles which have had millions of pounds invested in combustion development with direct fuel injection systems running at thousands of bar with multiple injections. The latest car engines I work with dont even run rich at max power.

As long as your air filter and injectors are clean and everything is running as VW intended then all I can recommend is using the sensitive right foot technique

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypermiling

·
Registered
8,736 Posts
If you fit 2 of them in series you will save 44%LOL:LOL:LOL:

Don't waste your moneyT:

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
If your buying one of these i can recommend;
Directional Digital cables for your sound system..
Any Sound System with a Bose label on the front...

alternatively give the cash you would have spent on these magnets to charity and know that your money has increased your Karma balance..

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If your buying one of these i can recommend;
Directional Digital cables for your sound system..
Any Sound System with a Bose label on the front...

alternatively give the cash you would have spent on these magnets to charity and know that your money has increased your Karma balance..
.....and a fitted kitchen from Howdens haha

reet! think that's sorted then, thanks for the feedback people T:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Yep, Snake Oil (or , whatever you prefer).

I funking hate this steaming pile of poo and other like it.

Take your time to read the whole advert. Firstly, I don't know how old it it but

"FUEL PRICES ARE SET TO REACH £1.25 PER LITRE THIS WINTER!" - I wish this were the case.

This is also a cracker:

" In a preferred embodiment, one or more magnets are strapped to the fuel line as close as possible to the carburetor or fuel injectors with only one pole of the magnet or magnets adjacent to or in contact with the fuel line. One or more magnets are strapped to the air intake in such a way as to magnetically expose the oxygen to the magnetic field emanating from the pole opposite that of the pole used to expose the fuel."

Yet the kit does not give you one for the air intake, 2 for the fuel line though.

Love this one:

"Generally a liquid or gas fuel used for an internal combustion engine is composed of a set of molecules" - Generally! everything in the world is made up of molecules.

It goes on, I can't pull this tripe apart amy longer.

·
Registered
561 Posts
If you want your vehicle to run better, then these are the 2 options worth consideration.

1. Search for bg244 (one for petrol and one for diesel). This decokes the engine gives it a clean through and should get it working like a new engine, which is as efficient as you're going to get without a remap performed by a good skilled individual, who will bias it for fuel economy.
Said to guarantee against any bad effects on your engine/dpf etc. Plenty of their reviews included if you find the website. Also said to start working very quickly indeed.

2. 2-stroke oil, add 1/3litre to each van tankful of diesel. MUST use 'lowest-ash' 2 stroke if you have a dpf, otherwise cheap mineral oil 2 stroke is fine. 1st tank 1litre, then 1/3 litre per tank (1:200 ratio).

This makes for a hotter and hence cleaner burn, and coke/soot deposits are removed cleaning the system through, clearing deposits already in your engine/pump/injectors/turbo etc. Modern diesel is ultra low sulphur and the 2 stroke is said to replace the lubricity for the fuel pump and injectors though that is beyond me and there's no proof of this.

However loads of people have done this for years and swear by it. Takes a few more tanks than the patented chemical stuff I mentioned above.

Again after this, and so long as your timing is right and engine in good nick, you're into remap territory.

3. fueltechexperts dot com have lots of interesting reading for all these additives, oils etc. Honest John has a 2 stroke oil article with links to lots of reading.

Note, I haven't used any of this stuff and don't know how safe it all is, but will probably try one or the other having read loads of web posts on it (not on this site).

There's other things written for petrol engines like acetone but I've not gone down that road.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts