VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting my van ready to carpet the rear section. I've started a list of what needs to be done before-hand. Can anyone see if I missed anything...

1. Strip out everything from the rear
  2. Clean/degrease metalwork
  3. Touch-up bear metal
  4. Degrease (again)
  5. Cut carpet into sections to match van
  6. Paint on glue to metal work
  7. spray carpet with glue
  8. Move carpet to postion
  9. Trim and apply pressure to fit

W

·
0 Posts
I'm underway. I have carpetted 2 panels tonight, three to go. Then I will degrease and carpet the visible metal work. I have also started fabricing the head lining, doing the driver compartment first (easy peasy), and having the rear panels ready for fabric.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
my carpet arrived this morn and tonight i lost my carpeting virginityH: i carpetted the tailgate panel for an experiment, looks quite goodT:. i was gona posta picture but cant find the data cable for my phone :D

·
Registered
844 Posts
The list for the carpetting is spot on. What about any cable runs (lighting, speakers etc) or Insulation / sound proofing. You only want to do it once. :eek:

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For cabling its all in the roof, the insulation isnt in but as im only doing the metal work this shouldn't be a problem. (or I missed something lol)

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
thats exactly it and it looks flipping awesome when done, go for it! nerve wracking at first but so easy once you get in the swing!:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts