VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. New here. Bought a van part converted to do the rest ourselves. We have a pop top and the new strengthening bars on the passenger side have LED lights installed but no switch (not yet got 12v installed). I’ve popped them out (see pic) and they’re wired in but the wires run further to the back and front at each end - does anyone have experience of where these are likely to run to?
Once I have the split charge and battery installed I’d like to hook these up.
Window Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. There is a three pin plug in the rear most light unplugged and nothing in the middle as it’s a pop top. The lights don’t come on whilst using/driving the van and there are no switches.
I’ve found more of the same wire coming down the passenger side b pillar to the floor behind the passenger swivel base. Had all the carpeted panels off and can’t see it behind any of them. Very bizarre!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My wires came down the b pillar on the drivers side behind the trim panel
Thanks for the comment - I can see the wire in the B pillar it’s cable tied to the cloth wrapped wiring loom (presume standard). I’ll see if I can get the trim off and have a look if it ends there. Thanks again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok found the end of the cable unplugged hence not working. I also found a spliced cable with a 3 pin connector? Any ideas what this is for? There is power to it off the multimeter. There is also another one by the rear most light also unconnected. Both look to be male type plugs no female sockets to be seen.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts