VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had reasonable value European wide recovery insurance for my Coacbuilt last year, till 7/2/2019.

Insured for road with local broker as always.

Renewal quote for Recovery came in and it's up 252%. Yes, leapt two and a half times.

Contacted A Plan who said it had gone up because I was not Insured for the road with them.

Nothing has changed and I wasn't with them for road insurance last year.

This time, upon contact, no movement on price and no mileage limit or classic status offered.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Had reasonable value European wide recovery insurance for my Coacbuilt last year, till 7/2/2019.

Renewal quote for Recovery came in and it's up 252%. Yes, leapt two and a half times.

Contacted A Plan who said it had gone up because I was not Insured for the road with them.

This time, upon contact, no movement on price and no mileage limit or classic status offered.
I never thought I'd be defending an insurance company, but in this case it seems reasonable to me that bundling incentives apply. I have both my normal insurance and my breakdown insurance with A Plan and their Europe-wide breakdown insurance is so competitively priced by being bundled in that it costs less than most of the basic offers for UK only from the likes of the AA or RAC.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, they didn't ask me to bundle it last year and by the time their +252% Recovery quote came in I was insured for the road with my normal Insurer.

They could have advised me of the non-bundling premium and I would have considered them for bothl legal cover and recovery insurance.

Could be more customer focused in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts

Hello,

This all seems very strange.

Please can you PM me your contact number or give me a call on 01635 879910.

Many thanks.

Dan
A-Plan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts