VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have recently bought a number plate pressing machine. We are registered with DVLA and have sourced some high quality retro reflective blanks and can now produce high quality pressed plates. This service is not available through our website just yet but we are keen to start making the plates so we are launching here first. A pair of pressed plates ( One white / black for front and one yellow and black for rear) will be £25. If you want to add GB badges add £2. If you order together with our numberplate surrounds normally £15 per pair, receive a £4 discount. So the total for a pair of pressed plates with GB Badges and number plate surrounds including carriage is £25 + £2 + £11 + £4.90 = £42.90.

I will upload some example pics in the morning, meanwhile please PM me with your requirements!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Any pictures to show yet?

Where to you stand with plod??
I was always under the impression that pressed plates were not legal in the uk?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, we are having a short break away this week. We took the press to its first show this weekend and sold out completely! As far as legality goes there is nothing in the legislation to say whet the plates have to be make from. They have to conform certain size criteria, be a certain font and be retro reflective. They also have to be made by a licensed manufacturer. We are licensed and our plates match all the criteria. Police forums are also coming around to the conclusion that there's no issue with pressed but until someone gets a fine and takes it to court to argue the point there is no precedence

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We can't fit the Cornish flags but we can space the plte to accommodate a flag. The Cornish flags can be bought on ebay but as registered number plate suppliers we can not fit them.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Here is a pic of some in Autohaus surrounds

Hi,

I'm interested in a set of these but want to make sure I'm not going to be fined for using them. I've had a quick look at the DVLA regs and they state;

The British Standard for number plates
The British Standard sets out the characteristics of
the number plate. This includes visibility, strength and
reflectivity. To meet the British Standard, each number
plate must be permanently and legibly marked with the
following information.
n
The British Standard number (currently BS AU 145d)
n
The name, trademark or other way of identifying the
manufacturer or supplier
n
The name and postcode of the supplying outlet

From the sample picture I can't see any of the above on the plates. Could you clarify this please?

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi,

I'm interested in a set of these but want to make sure I'm not going to be fined for using them. I've had a quick look at the DVLA regs and they state;

The British Standard for number plates
The British Standard sets out the characteristics of
the number plate. This includes visibility, strength and
reflectivity. To meet the British Standard, each number
plate must be permanently and legibly marked with the
following information.
n
The British Standard number (currently BS AU 145d)
n
The name, trademark or other way of identifying the
manufacturer or supplier
n
The name and postcode of the supplying outlet

From the sample picture I can't see any of the above on the plates. Could you clarify this please?

Thanks,

Dave
Our plates show the makers name and post code and BS number. you cant see it on these photos because the plates are fitted in the numberplate surrounds. I will post a pic of them unfitted.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts