VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have posted this elsewhere, but thought I'd post it here to get everyones thoughts;

VW PRICE INCREASE - anyone else got a new van on order? Do you know about the price increase on the 3rd January? Vehicle has to be ordered before 3rd jan, and registered by 31st March to get the pre-increase price. One of our ordered DSG equipped California's isn't due to go into build until week 13, 2012, which means we won't see it till end of may and it will be at the new price, even though we ordered it at the start of October. I am presently trying to get VW to honour the old price for us, to save us £600 or so. Anyone else in this situation? Previously when VW have done this, they have always honoured the ordered price no matter how long the build takes??

I have also heard today that the extra waiting time for the DSG gearbox is now sorted??, but my build week for the California hasn't changed, as apparently the first 1/4 2012 build slots are now full.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hello all. I have posted this elsewhere, but thought I'd post it here to get everyones thoughts;

VW PRICE INCREASE - anyone else got a new van on order? Do you know about the price increase on the 3rd January? Vehicle has to be ordered before 3rd jan, and registered by 31st March to get the pre-increase price. One of our ordered DSG equipped California's isn't due to go into build until week 13, 2012, which means we won't see it till end of may and it will be at the new price, even though we ordered it at the start of October. I am presently trying to get VW to honour the old price for us, to save us £600 or so. Anyone else in this situation? Previously when VW have done this, they have always honoured the ordered price no matter how long the build takes??

I have also heard today that the extra waiting time for the DSG gearbox is now sorted??, but my build week for the California hasn't changed, as apparently the first 1/4 2012 build slots are now full.
Hi, I have ordered a new Sportline combi LWB DSG, loaded. Est del time July-Sept 2012. The VW van centre in Southampton has said to me if I order now, I will get the pre Jan increase and will not pay anymore, and I will not pay anymore:)
Tell them to :ILU: off.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I agree with your response, What discount did you get, however it will be the dealer absorbing the increase, not VW UK. To be fair we buy 50plus VW commercials a year, and expected better service than this, but we do have excellent terms in place.

I'm still fighting though. Every year when they have a price increase we always order half a dozen or more vehicles just before the deadline, never had problems before.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I agree with your response, what discount did you get? It will be the dealer absorbing the increase, not VW UK. To be fair we buy 50plus VW commercials a year, and expected better service than this, but we do have excellent terms in place.
5% + £500 coz My bro also went for one + 2 new jackets that I got today. So about £2100 each.. What do you get?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
5% + £500 coz My bro also went for one + 2 new jackets that I got today. So about £2100 each.. What do you get?
More than that, but our fleet is increasing year on year and it's presently 40 plus, mostly VW's.

·
Registered
201 Posts
They would normally give 10-11% but are a bit shy on the Sportline as there are not doing many. Why do you buy from Uk, have you tried getting quotes from around Europe and import them if you buy that many? I am sure you get 15-20% dis

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
They would normally give 10-11% but are a bit shy on the Sportline as there are not doing many. Why do you buy from Uk, have you tried getting quotes from around Europe and import them if you buy that many? I am sure you get 15-20% dis
I think those days are gone. I once ordered a new golf from holland and saved £6k.
That was 2001 when you could get 1.45 euro to a pound.

I think the uk is now one of the cheapest places to buy from.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts