VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called into the local main dealer to price up a replacement wiring harness/loom for the factory fitted parking/reversing sensors.

All i heard was "one hundred and . . . . . . ." after that I drifted off to where the sky was purple and there was people running everywhere :eek::eek::eek::eek:

My wiring has an iffy connection but as sods law dictates its right near the connector block so re-soldering is awkward (but not impossible I decided after I came to).

keeeerrrrrching... :(

·
Pedal box guru
2,616 Posts
Hi,

You asked the wrong question!

What you should have asked for is a repair wire for the offending terminal, just remove the terminal from the block, and push the repair wire back in it's place, join it further back in the loom, job's a good un!

repair wires are always yellow from VW, and have a terminal at both ends.

Cheers Trev.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

You asked the wrong question!

What you should have asked for is a repair wire for the offending terminal, just remove the terminal from the block, and push the repair wire back in it's place, join it further back in the loom, job's a good un!

repair wires are always yellow from VW, and have a terminal at both ends.

Cheers Trev.

Brilliant bit of info. I shall ask that very question tomorrow. Hopefully get some change out of a £100 T:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I reckon I can beat this! I thought I'd make an enquiry about upgrading the radio from the base RCD 210 to the RCD 310 with the auxillary input facility. In the catalogue I have from when I ordered the van last July it states the 310 is £75 plus the VAT. OK, this is an upgrade at the point of build but to buy one from my dealers today they have just quoted me £548 plus VAT!!

I asked him what month and date he thought it was!! Although he agreed the 2 prices aren't even comparable he rechecked and repeated it. I am staggered and needless to say won't be going down that route just so others can put their iPods on.

I never bothered to ask for a price on Sportline wheels from them I was that disgusted. Ironically all dealers will be similar in price but it does make you not want to give business to the bearer of ridiculous news.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I reckon I can beat this! I thought I'd make an enquiry about upgrading the radio from the base RCD 210 to the RCD 310 with the auxillary input facility. In the catalogue I have from when I ordered the van last July it states the 310 is £75 plus the VAT. OK, this is an upgrade at the point of build but to buy one from my dealers today they have just quoted me £548 plus VAT!!

I asked him what month and date he thought it was!! Although he agreed the 2 prices aren't even comparable he rechecked and repeated it. I am staggered and needless to say won't be going down that route just so others can put their iPods on.

I never bothered to ask for a price on Sportline wheels from them I was that disgusted. Ironically all dealers will be similar in price but it does make you not want to give business to the bearer of ridiculous news.
You would be surprised sportline wheels are cheaper than some aftermarket ones mine were £105 + vat each from TPS (vw's own parts subsidury) think they have gone up to about £120 + vat now though:(

·
Registered
65 Posts
You would be surprised sportline wheels are cheaper than some aftermarket ones mine were £105 + vat each from TPS (vw's own parts subsidury) think they have gone up to about £120 + vat now though:(
Ah I should have said I wouldn't be surprised by the price as I had done my homework on wheels. I just didn't bother to ask them for a price as I'll buy elsewhere for their cheek, even though I'm sure all dealers would have quoted the same or similar for the radio, which is an utter blatant wee wee take.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
lol Matt, oh ye of little faith. Just phoned and asked, he said f.o.c A:

whys you hanging on a T5 thread then, getting drawn to the pipe and slippers world of the dark side Rasp:
to be a true follower of the lightside you have to undrstand how the darkside works, so need to take a peek or two LOL:LOL:

you at lobbs this year, we'll be there usual spot, top of the field :D

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I have had over 70 cars and vans in my 39 years - the ones I was riding a push bike and I have only ever visited a main dealer 3 times for parts.

One for clips for a bumper at £1.20 each needed 10 of them prob made for £0.02p each

A valve for my Astra Diesel £110 :eek: after a trade discount cos my mate worked in their! turned out it was a leaking vacume pipe £ 2's worth they gave me that free which is nice of them well it was really £110

Rattle can of hellious blue from VW as it was a really decent match I have to say and the laquer was good..

Oh remembered a 4th to get a steering wheel attapter for my VW Polo.. in about 1989 £12

There that's all I have spent there!!

I would never go to main dealer, never will, never really have.. way too much and there is so much S/H or aftermarket stuff out there I am not in a rush to get it.. so I can get the best price. When you see what Eurocar parts can offer with my full trade rate I get it's over 70% cheaper T:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts