VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NOW SOLD Primed front & rear bumpers t4 97 (p reg)

BOTH NOW SOLD
These bumpers were removed from my van to be body coloured but the van self combusted whilst they were away and I stopped the body shop from finishing them before it cost me more money.

They are from my 1997 (P reg) transporter. They are both primed and ready for last light sand and then spraying. The front bumper is in excellent condition. The rear bumper got a little melted on the underside when I fitted a new stainless exhaust but the garage have cut out those areas rather than smoothing it as it wasn't that bad. Once the bumper is on the van the holes are only seen once you are at the same level as the bumper. I'm sure that it could be easily filled with fibreglass?? The van used to be a working van before I owned it so there are a couple of marks on the top of the rear bumper that I was going to get hidden by the body colouring but I didn't let the garage finish this as now I am trying to re-coup as much costs from the van as possible as it is written off.

Both bumpers include the hard/solid foam inserts. I have no idea how much these bumpers are worth but I only have fleabay to go by and one or two that I have found on here so if you think my valuation is too high then make me an offer. These are the genuine bumpers and I am told that they fit better than aftermarket ones.

Front bumper £80
Rear bumper £50

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very interested, where in Essex are you would collect

Have they been smoothed. Pm me back

Dips
Baz,

I'm in Burnham On Crouch, Essex. I don't know if the original bumpers were smoothed before priming but the primer has made them ready for a smooth paint finish once the final light sand is done. I'll PM you this message too. T:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts